Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Watson solves two mysteries :)

ojm bc

Hi folks,the other day I was putting out the trash,it seemed every few days someone left fairly new items near the dumpster.I did not make much of it,probably someone moving in the thownhouses.Well I know a bargain when I see one,I'm not proud brought them home.

Well this routine was going on for a few weeks,new items almost new being left near our dumpster,I was having a field day.Well it dawned on me that there were quite a few Asians in our thownhouse complex.What I found out second hand no pun intended was that on Chinese New Years,it's there custom to throw items away for good luck,it's true it brought me good luck.

My second mystery took my small brain a little longer to clue in.For weeks I go shopping at Safeway for food.Living alone except for a white cat,I only buy a small amount of food a day.This was the routine I buy 2 very light bags of food and pay for it.She hands over my Safeway card and thanks me,and asks if I need assistance to the car.

I always wonder why they ask if I need assistance, I'n not as old as Willy P yet :) .Well I walk out with my chin hanging on the ground,wondering why they think I need help.Well the key to this little humbling mystery is the Safewy card.As you know you use them for a discount on the invoice,I do not always have it ready and just give them my fathers card by a phone number only.

The dim light slowly flickered in my brain,when she punches in the phone number in the computer till it shows her my age of 88 my fathers age :)

maybe she figured if you didn't have your card out you might need a little help.i'm trying to figure out who the chinese guy,or maybe woman was who came up with the idea that throwing stuff away brought good luck,maybe it was just a way for chinese women to get a new wardrobe:).

i can tell you right now that new orleans needs a few chinese folk to move there to bring them luck,of course it could be dangerous for them throwing out nearly new stuff because if the local politicians find out about it they would be dumpster diving and storing stuff in their garages:).

thanks for telling about that chinese custom orlando,i never heard of the tradition.

n/t

n/t