Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof question

petew

I'm wondering about the stock headphones, I know they are not waterproof. But,is the control box waterproof with them,meaning could I submerge the control box with the stock headphones?

And is there anything in the machine that I should silicone to make sure its the waterproof?Even though it's under warrenty, I don't want it leaking,and could care less if the silicone is on it,I just want it waterproof.

On another note,I live in a very old town called Blairsville Pennsylvania,and ive been wondering why I don't find as much as I should for the age,town was build in 1880.
Well,there's a couple guys with CTX 3030 running around, and I guess have been for years.But they said they'd never get them wet,so they haven't been in the river.
So I'm taking to the water,there's a river that separates what usto be 2 parts of this town till a bridge was built in the 20s.I think it could be a good thing.

Petew , if the stock hp's are on right and tight it won't leak. So you can put the whole unit under water. Just don't get the ear muffs part wet. I myself put flux tape around my treads , to me a little extra safer. Hope this helps. GS

Put silicone gel on the threads where the headphones and coil attach on the AT box. You should be fine. I have used the stock land phones for years in the machine for water hunting. Just keep it dry. The headphones had gotten an accidental; dunking a couple of times, and after drying, they worked fine. Now this was in fresh water. Salt water might be different.

I'm only gonna hunt freshwater, thanks everyone for the tips,I was considering putting clear silicone around the faceplate, where it meets the control box,not sure yet,but I figured it couldn't hurt it.

That was a great question PETEW, I was wondering myself about the connectors, I just purchased the Amphibian headphones, (pricey but boy are they well made and sound great) and as soon as Spring hits I plan on hitting a whole new less searched territory just like you... the streams, rivers etc. Im very excited. Its like knowing as soon as winters over I have 20 new sites to hit!