Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water Temperatures < 47 F OK?

darksky

Excal 800: Is there any problem operating in surface water temps of less than 47 degrees? While I am not anxious to get out in air temps of under 35 and water surface temps in mid 40s, I am dying to try a few experiments and do not want to wait for spring. I have a 4mm wetsuit, just received a chest wader (neoprene) from Dicks in mail with one piece socks. Have 5mm dive boots. Will excalibur 800 work normally? Any issues aside from trying to survive? I am thinking of James Arness in The Thing with dogs hanging off of his arms flailing. That could be me if the townies release their hounds.
Russ

you should be just fine,even the machine should be fine, but as for the cold water and wind, well your on your own with that one..way too cold for me and im in fla too..:minelab::clapping::detecting::thumbup:good luck but please tell us how you did..

Florida....I hear its even cold down there this week. Looks like I'll shoot for Thursday. Mid-day wind is diminished and air temps in upper 30s. Waves look 2+ feet. Should be interesting to see if the combo wetsuit, Neo waders, and dive boots and dive gloves work out. I'll post unless plans are changed. I owe myself some off time from work....a few hours anyway. I did try the whole outfit on. Very stylish. I'll have to have my wife take a pic!
Russ

I did a Spring hunt with my Excal 1000 for a few hours and it never missed a beat. That's ice in the water, not foam.It can't get much worse than this for cold water hunting.

HH

omg lol...not me..im glad it was you instead of me..glad you had fun..:clapping::detecting::thumbup:
i hope not to see that stuff in the waters down here...ill take the foam..
nice picture
hh
john