Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water scoop - Please help me decide

kpeterk

I know, I know - there are many posts about which scoops are the best. I have narrowed my choice between two. Please help me decide which one would be the best for hunting in the surf and also on dry sand.

Choice # 1 - Stealth scoop
www.gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html

Choice # 2 - Diamond Head
www.nuttallenterprises.com

I haven't searched in the surf much so I was hoping someone more experienced could help me. Thanks!

Both look to be good choices..... All the wet sand / surf scoops are made tough & solid for the digging in the wet sand / surf so they tend to be on the heavy side, which is a good thing for wet sand / surf hunting.

But sucks for Dry sand hunting after dragging a heavy sand scoop for 2 hours in the dry sand I was exhausted. to solve the problem i bought a second scoop a long handed wire mesh scoop just made for dry sand. The scoop is 1/2 the weight of a wet sand scoop...

I can hunt (dry sand) Beach's all day now........ just something to consider if you plan on doing a lot of Dry sand & wet sand hunting.

Robert

I just picked up the Diamond Head, I will try it out this weekend. It is kinda heavy, but I thought the same thing about my detector when I first got it. A few spins with it and my arm will get used to it.

I like the diamond head. It was great in the surf and used it to stablize myself with the under current and the waves..... Not made for dry sand, however I used it as a hoe (point down and dig)