Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water inside of battery connection

Mstal

I tried searching the forums for this, but found nothing. I first must add, I am a little OCD when it comes to cleaning my stuff, cameras and now my new Excalibur II. Anyway, I took it out for a test spin today and had a great time! I rinsed everything off and dried it when I was done, as I did have it submerged in salt water several times. When I got back home I unplugged the connector that hooks to the battery, so I could charge it and I noticed a little water inside, just a few drops mind you. Is this normal. I tightened the connector as tight as I could with my fingers when I finished charging it last night, so I don't know how a little water got inside, again is this normal?

Thanks
Mike
www.MikeStalnaker.Smugmug.com

You should be OK. Mine is wet when I disconnect the plug. Just dry it off and blow into the holes on the battery pod to get any water out. Be sure to keep the rubber seal clean, and put some divers silicone grease on it.

Thanks, do I just put the grease on the rubber seal or on the walls of the housing also? Also, how often do I need to do that?

It does get a few drops into the ikelite connector, perfectly normal. I use silicone spray every so often, just to keep the rubber gasket soft, so it will seal against the battery pod. Even though there is moisture in the ikelite connector, there has been no leakage into the battery pod on my units and I have been regularly submerging them in salt water, since '06. Git after it and don't be skeered, she ain't gunna leak mate!

Thanks Gulf Hunter, make me feel a lot better. I guess it's my OCD. It was funny though, today when I was in the water, it felt weird taking an electronic device in the water. I'm off againg tomarrow to try again. Mayby I'll find more than a few pennies, 3 dimes and a nickel.

If you are getting the coins and pull-tabs, then you are on the right track. Pull-tabs only may be time to move to another location though. Try to hunt areas, that produce densely weighted targets, like lead and coins. Those are going to be better potential spots for the yellow stuff, savvy?

Yea, the beach I was at today is not as crowded as the others. I am going to the main public beach tomarrow. I had such a good time today, I may start at 12:00 pm and stay until sunset.

Thanks again.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery terminal BEFORE washing/rinsing.You have to get all the salt out
if you are hunting saltwater.I like to submerge mine in water ,plus the rinse,and loosen the rods so
they don't freeze together from salt and sand.I also have the habit of not connecting the battery until
it's time to hunt-can't drain by accident,and the seal isn't compressed for long periods.Good luck
and HH Joe

If you disconnect the battery teminal before rinsing, won't that get water in where you don't want to have water?

Mike
www.MikeStalnaker.Smugmug.com

Hi, Actually that's how I felt the first time I did it,but it's in the manual.I noticed that the professional
hunter/salvors did that to their aquapluse connnetors after each dive.Prevents corrosion .HH Joe