Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Watch Out NIMH AA Rechargeable Batteries not so great!:confused:

Brokensignal

Found out the hard way that the AA NIMH batteries only coming in 1.2 volts not 1.5volts like the alkalines,making my musketeer seem dead! Any thoughts?Been using the Minelab NIMH required rechargeable battery pack for now,it charges to 14volts.Can not use 1.2volts because it will only add to what? 9.6Volts on a 12volt detector?

Batterystore.com
get the correct battery !!
then get a battery recycler and charger to charge batteries .
Hope this helps
John

Your problem is the same as with the Sov.
The Minelab rechargeable pack has 10 1.2 volt batteries, while the alkaline pack only holds 8 batteries....which must be 1.5 volts.

HH

Most good rechargable AA will charge to about 1.38-1.42v, if you use high mah ie 2400-3000mah they will work i can asure you(in the Sovereign) the amount of time they work will depend on the mah, the cheap nasty ones quite often don't even power up

I used to use rechargeable batteries but arrived at the same conclusion. By placing the rechargeables in the dry cell pack the voltage was borderline. Adding up 8 batteries missing .3 to .4 volt each adds up to a borderline low voltage in the minelab. I have a whites 5900 that uses 4 C. size battries. I have always used rechargeables in it, but remember that is only .3 times 4 batteries. They may not last as long as alkalines, but they will last at least one day no problem. For the past few years for the minelab I have just used alkalines. I have found them at Walmart in packages of 48 for as little as $12. That is a lot of detecting hours from one package of batteries. Art is right. If you want to use rechargeables, you need the factory one as it is designed to give you the extra voltage.

I thought ALL NiCad battery's were also 1.2 volts per cell.

There are 1.5 volt NiMH cells from what I understand.

Willee

A fresh charge will give you a high static charge that will quickly bleed down to 1.2 volts when placed under load. It can be deceptive because you cannot monitor the "under load" voltage.

HH

to measure under load
Place a fine wire on each contact on the detector and hold then in position while you put in the battery pack(elite & GT), switch on and then meter the too wires with a polymeter to get the under load voltage. I used to get about 10.7-11v, with this voltage and high mah they will run easy for a days hunting. the only Sov i have now is the xs2apro otherwise i would rig it up and take a photo