Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

was told I'd be back?

petew

Well,there must be a fortune teller here.That 705 is probably the best detector for me,and I'm getting another.I'm thinking if just 2 coils though,that 10.5mf is defiantly one,and a good jewelry coil.so,has anyone used the stock hf coil on the goldpack?I'm wondering how it is for park jewelry,I just can't use a 6 inch coil,I've tried and just can't.but I will say this,since the 705 I've had a se pro and a f75ltd, and they both made things way too complicated.the 705 can do it all,that's a fact...hh

I tell everyone that has traded their X-Terra for another brand. I've done it at least 5 times and just could not find a replacement for the X-Terra's:shrug:

I have the 10 x 5 coil and like it very much, my area has high minerals and i can't use the original coil. The DD coil work well for me and by going very slow in areas where there is a lot of metal you can pick coins out pretty easily like any other detector you have to practice but each outing gets better. Depth is good, dimes at 8" real common.

Not sure how it will react in different types of soil but don't think you can go wrong. I know what you mean about the small coils, hard to not want to cover more ground with a larger coil and for that reason i will stick to the 10x5 coil. This year for me i have dug 30 rings 5 gold, 8 silver and the rest junk. Most all were in parks as where i use a PI for the beach.

petew said:
I just can't use a 6 inch coil,I've tried and just can't.

I really think you may be missing the boat not having a 6" Coiltek coil, especially if you park hunt. That thing has singled out more stuff for me in pounded out parks and old home sites than any other coil. I agree a 6" coil can work your arm off but the rewards with that coil are well worth it. I seriously went all of 2014 using only that coil with the exception of one outing with the 10.5 MF coil. We're probably around 150-200 hours of detecting this year.

The thing that got me was I'm sure that the se pro and f75ltd are good machines,but I don't think I found anything with them that the xterra wouldn't have.one thing I had to say.I hunted a small yard with the 15 inch on the xterra when I had it.yard is about 2 regular driveways big.I found a few deeper coins,nothing to brag about.so,I took the se there just for the he'll of it.well,I found 6 quarters all stuck together about 2 inches under the ground.abd I'm sure I was over that little yard 3 times,about an hour with that xterra. My point is the coil,that 15 mf. It did not pick them up,for whatever reason I don't know.but I'm sure they were there,and I'm sure the big coil missed them.and I'm sure that that 10.5 mf would have found them,so that's gonna be my main coil when I get the 705 again..hh