Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was this wooden toy boat a KIT or not ?

Antique lover

I hope no one minds me putting up theses toy pictures. Maybe they will bring back some great memorys.This boat ran off of two c batterys. Thats all I know about it. Did it come as a kit ? I got three of these , all different sizes. ANY info would be great. Thanks

You might want to contact Dumas Boats and ask if it is one of their old kits. (Very early days)

http://www.dumasproducts.com/index.php?cPath=136&osCsid=q0nurii7ku2hoe7sr47hble217

THEY WERE MADE BY FAMILYS IN JAPAN AFTER WWII. BROUGHT HOME BY SERVICEMEN FOR THERE KIDS ETC. YOURS WERE MADE IN THE 1950'S. SOME BOATS WERE VERY BIG AND DETAILED. LATER A FEW COMPANYS MADE STANDARD VERSIONS OF THE SMALL BOATS LIKE YOU HAVE. TMY, ITO, ETC.
I MAKE REPRODUCTIONS OF THE RARE ITO, TMY BOATS WITH THE ORIGINAL NOS FITTINGS I WAS ABLE TO BUY FROM TMY IN THE 1980'S IN JAPAN. YOU CAN SEE ALL MY BOATS AT RCCRAFT.COM. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS. RICK

A.L. Hope you are feeling better. Hey I got the same paint job and the same dust, but now I can more or less see what this boat is missing. Got this several years ago at a church rummage sale- maybe paid a buck. Has to be the same company dont you think, That button towards the rudder was the on off switch O gather. BOL CO

As a kid in St Paul Minn, we had these these in our toy stores as with all the lakes around you know how many parents were hounded for the boat and the (not included) batteries. And those early Ray o Vacs didn't last long powering an electric motor.