Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was there any mention to when shipments of the vortex units will begin arriving into dealers hands ??

Will authorized garrett dealers get first dibs on them ?

Mark ( ohio )
All I can tell you is what @Richard@BackwoodsDetectors told me is he is hoping to have his order in the next few weeks, I have already placed my Order for a VX9 through Richard and paid him for my VX9 Richard also told me he placed an order for four VX9s don't know if he placed an order for any VX5s or VX7s or not, as I was not interested in either of those two, I am looking forward to getting my hands on the VX9 and judging for myself what it is capable of I am optimistic on this new Vortex, it has just enough features for me personally to peak my interest in the vortex, we shall see

An article from ‘Treasure Hunting World’

Garrett Vortex Is It Really Just A Prototype?​

Something very strange has been going on at Garrett recently. Just a few days later on June 18th, there was a big launch for the Garrett Vortex. We were told that this was a revolutionary machine that would change the metal-detecting world. And it all looked pretty good, but the Vortex was missing some quite important features that its competitors have at a much lower price point compared to its competitors.

There was a lot of comment on social media, most notably by Calabash Digger and iffy Signals, about how, in 2024, Garrett could launch a machine that was lacking basic features such as auto-noise cancel, iron filter, and tone adjustment.

Just a few days later, Garrett is now saying that the Vortex they launched to such big fanfare on June 18th was just a “prototype” and the finalized version was not yet ready for release. This doesn’t align with what we were told at the launch. We were shown the specifications, all of which were published. We were given the prices of each version of the machine and also the cost to upgrade. And we were told that the machines would go on sale in July. That sounds very much like a final, retail product. This contradicts the idea of a work in progress.

Garrett claims that the Vortex will beat the top machines on the market today. That is quite a bold claim given that this is just a prototype.

Time will tell. No one outside of Garrett and their social media influencers has been able to test the Vortex yet. We hope Garrett will make a statement soon on when the Vortex will be finalised and made ready for shipping

Supposedly Garrett also informed/said that the Vortex does have a iron bias/filter.

Calabash had another stream the other night discussing with others & that's when it was mentioned about the iron bias/filter will be on the released machine.

Just a few things I caught watching the video.