Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was just looking at the manual. Where in the manual is the Cross savings part like in Andys book on the Quattro?????

Tinfoil

Don't tell me you can't cross save on the Safari. Did I miss something here. :shrug: Thanks in advance HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

. . . but the concept of Cross Saving was not one that the Minelab team had developed even on the Quattro. I came across it during the development of the Quattro and to be honest, the Minelab engineers had not intended to allow the audio option to be changed from the preset options. This was deliberately NOT added as an option on the menu since there needed to be a distinction between the Explorer and Quattro and not being able to select the audio response / display of icons was one of the points used here.

As I said, I came across it one day and asked about audio selection in a round about way. I was told it was not an option so I let it go. When it was released and this was still possible, I added it to the book. This capability still exists on the Safari.

Without writing pages here, what it does for you is to allow you to change the preset options for audio response. In the COINS or JEWELRY modes, you are using Conductive audio (tone is based on the Conductive part of the target signal) and you get icons displayed on the screen. In RELIC or ALL METAL, the audio is based on the Ferrous component and there are no icons displayed. Some hunters want icons and ferrous audio while others do not want icons and conductive audio. The Cross Saving "trick" allows you to get that and save it for later use.

So to answer your question, it is still available on the Safari and no, you will not see it in the manual since it was never an option that Minelab intended to intentionally "build-in" to the Quattro or Safari.

Andy Sabisch

Can someone tell how to do the cross saving "trick". Sounds interesting....thanks. Does the book help in other ways with the safari Andy?

In terms of the functions and settings, there is no difference so the book works for both models.

Andy

With the faster processor, the Cross Savings, the faster ability to switch modes in different situations, the faster speed on the Trash Density and the new coil will make this machine much better I think. It is going to make the iron and trash much easier to hunt. The Cross Saving is just another selling point and why I decided to buy the Safari. Now I got a great back up for my SE or maybe my SE will be the back up . :rofl: . I will say it again your book on the Quattro is great. I would not have known about the Cross Saving and the other good tips in there with out it. Thanks for writing it. Your book was sure one of the things that changed my mind along with the improvements. I hope I sold some more books for you on the Safari and for the new owners of the Safari. I am surprised some of the Quattro guys did not ask this Question. It was one of the very first things I saw when I thumbed thru the book that got my attention prior to re reading it. I have had the book since it first came out Matter of Fact it was the very first part of the book I read when I got it out the other day. What do I know I am just a old guy that hunts,reads,lurks a lot and when I do post I get a lot of hits but nobody ever says anything about what I posted. So I figure they are just being nice to the old guy. Buy Andy's book you will like it. I did. A lot if info in there for you. Thanks again Andy :thumbup: :D: :D: . Jerry aka Tinfoil

Recovery speed is faster and this is what I was waiting for. I am very glad it still has the Conduct and Ferrous sounds. Hopefully the depth is there too. The Quattro was slow but it is a deep machine if you know how to work it.

John Tomlinson,CET

I know the felling Jerry. Sometimes you have a light bulb moment that improves your technique. You share it on one of the forum's, and it seems like water off a ducks back as nobody seems to share the enthusiasm of your discovery.:cry::lol: Leaves you wondering why you posted it for.:nopity: I guess it's just the nature of the beast.
Mick Evans.