Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WARTHOG STEVE IS HOME, DAY AFTER HIP REPLACEMENT!!!!:thumbup:

warthog

WELL, THEY HAD ME in surgery yesterday (Wednesday), and had me up walking abound 3:00PM-ish, surgery went picture perfect....TODAY, I started pestering my physical therapist to go home today....she said "This is highly unusual, going home the day after this type off surgery; but: Your surgery outcome looks great, so I tell ya what: If you can show me that you can walk down the hallway and 'do the stairs' (every hip replacement has to 'do the stairs' before they're released), I'll sign the paperwork releasing you today".......SO: Off we went with my trusty walker, down the hall to 'the dreaded stairs', and went up and down them FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES, as to her request, THEN, we 'took the long way' back to my room, me never even breaking a sweat, baby....:cool:.....Ms.Physical Therapist said "Good job, Steve, you go home today!!!"..........There was a sad part to this: When we reached the stairs, there was an older lady there, that had her hip replaced yesterday, too. Poor thing was coming down them stairs, crying loudly, in terrible pain.......I felt great pity for her and told her "Ma'am, I feel your pain; I had my hip replaced yesterday'....she said, while crying "ME too, it sure hurts like a b---h, doesn't it??".I said "Indeed it does, but: I had my right hip replaced in 2016, in this hospital,, and TRUST ME, it WILL get better"....None of us ever know, when or where, we will be put into a situation where we can either encourage another, or 'go our own way', too caught up in our own problems, to even notice what others are going through, I've been guilty of that many, many times....You never know, when Our Savior will be putting us in a situation wherein a kind word may 'make someone's day', whether or not we know them....OK, sermon is over, AMEN!!! :crylol:

I'm glad everything went well for you and that you were able to give encouragement to another. God is good, all the time!

n/t

Prayers for quick healing & congrats on being able to encourage the lady concerning her hip replacement--younger PPL cooperate a lot easier and especially when leaning on Jesus--hope all goes well for your vacation time!