Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warthog,checking in........

warthog

Got me a date with a back surgeon for 10/15.Right now,back is feeling pretty good-But,there are times it gets mighty interesting:sadwalk:...........Pain management Dr. that referred me,told me my problems are in the L3/4 and L4/5 areas in my spine..........This Saturday,Marcia's family is having a get-together,and we are going.I have never met them,but I already scored BIG POINTS with them,when I told them 'I WILL BRING THE ICE CREAM!!!!'......BEST PART IS THEY ARE ALL BELIEVERS,every last one of them.There will be three of us playing guitars and singing-At least for me,it will be 'ATTEMPTED' singing.........:thumbup:

Will say some prayers for you. And have fun with the family.

Outstanding!...on another note, regarding vertabrae...today Sept 22, just happens to be my 'special day', so I'll chime in on a personal level meant to give you some comfort...Sept 22 1976 I broke my neck playing HS football...crushed C4 between C5 and C6..and the whole mess squashed and blew out.really good..example: if you mash your fists together, knuckle to knuckle, and push until it blows out, you get the idea... .completely paralyzed...I dont talk about it much, but in your case I will share a bit of advice...

Only by the grace of God am I walking and moving around nearly 40 yrs later...they did a fusion using my lower leg bone, said I wouldnt be needing it anymore, said, you wont be walking, but they had to try to get things stabilized so my head would not fall off! Thats pretty much how they dealt with this back then. So since I was young, and they had nothing to lose, they cut in through the front of the neck horizontally instead of through the back of the neck vertically which was the standard practice at the time, and fused the whole mess together!...back in '76, it was only the 7th time this type of thing was done, cutting in through the front and all...now they got it down to a science!...Pete can bear witness, I get around OK, aside from the usual scars and pain Life brings to us all and whatnot..:shrug:..It does look like I had my throat cut if you see it!

Pain management is tough! I pray the Lord, Marcia, your music, and prayer help you deal with it at an acceptable level...I especially pray your surgeon's hands are guided by a higher healer..only advice I have, after surgery, do your best to not be a baby...no matter how much it hurts, and buddy, its gonna hurt!...commit it aforehand in your mind that you are there to make everyone else feel comfortable and happy, not the other way around..all those folks really care about you, and it doesnt help them at all to hear you whine and in pain..it takes all their energy out of them if they think you are suffering, so dont let on if you are...you gotta internalize it, for everyone else's good...thats it, Mud out...:thumbup:.

Hey Mud thanks for sharing that. You do get around real good and I would never had known about your back if you did not tell me. Hopefully that will give Warty a huge boost.
We all need to get together and detect real soon.