Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warranty Work

NathanW

So it appeared I was having some issue with my new Infinium, see pinpointing issues post, and was suggested by this and other forums that I should send it in to get looked at. I haven't had it very long and the serial number proved its build in Nov 2011.
After having the unit for 3 weeks I contacted Garrett and they said the tech couldn't find anything wrong with it. They then said they were sending me a new infinium and were sending a call tag to pick up the rest of the old one. I asked them, if nothing was wrong with it why are they sending a new one instead of just sending it back. I was told it "would be easier to just send a brand new unit". I tried to insist that the old unit was just sent back, to no avail.

Does this sound right? Has anyone else had this same experience with Garrett? This sounds suspicious to me, like there was something wrong with the unit and they didn't want to say what it was. If there was an issue, why wasn't it fixed and returned. Everything inside is replaceable.

I am happy they stand behind their product but something does not feel right about this.

Or is it just me making something out of nothing?

Hi Nathan,
I had problems with my wife's new AT Pro. I was asked by Garrett to post it back.

Like you, I was suspicious & disappointed not to get our old one back as I had already notified our insurance company of it's serial number & specs ect.
Garrett posted out a brand new one with full warrantee & I still don't know what the problem was. Maybe it was a software update or a new processor or something.

Once I received the new one, I went out scuba diving, detecting amongst river rocks that really gave the coil a rough time & even took it into the salt water beach. The idea was too give it a really rough time to prove to the wife that the Garrett was not as good as my Minelab X-Terra 705.

Please read my post titled "Am I expecting too much - follow up."
The bottom line is: my wife's replacement AT Pro is twice as good as the old one - she shoots me down in every test. NOT HAPPY.

I'm more than happy to accept Garrett's decision to post us back a new one instead of our repaired old one. I am very impressed by Garret's service, I only wish that our Australian companies did the same thing - some do but most don't.
Guess what - I'm just teetering on the brink of selling my Minelab & getting another Garrett.

Good luck with your detecting.
Gary

Pretty much think there was just something wrong with it that they didnt want to disclose. Since it was built in nov it should have all the latest and greatest but things can be bad right out of the box..
The new one is supposed to be here tomorrow. I am hoping to take it out over the weekend and work the same holes I dug half way to China.
I'm sure I will be posting the results.
Thanks for your reply

Garrett likes to give new stuff as a replacement when they feel like it, I would stop complaining about it and being suspicious and be thankful for getting a brand new metal detector.

Enjoy your new Infinium! I sure like mine...