Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want to move to Arizona because it is warm in the winter??:razz:

Royal

[attachment 98444 Arizona.jpg]

n/t

n/t

have here in New England. Each one is very different and enjoyable. I actually enjoy for the most part, much like the animals preparing for the winters, they gather nuts etc, I gather wood for heat, hay for the horses. Winter most everything here looks dead, but spring time it burst back to life, fall is my favorite. You know the hard times are coming and you better of made use of the good times weather wise.

I don't think I'd like a steady diet of heat or cold. I like the variations in the weather, otherwise to me it gets boring. Different hobbies for different times of the year keep it fresh. Then again ask me this in February and I might not be as happy with the weather. I still think it keeps you on your toes.

Geo

...we don't have those worrisome seasonal California fires, nor do we have 5 or 10 feet of snow to deal with for four or five months a year, nor do we have hurricanes to fear. We have beautiful and abundant lakes and rivers everywhere you turn, unlike our friends to the south and west. I personally have never seen but one tornado and IT was in Texas in the lone prairie east of Dallas.

SO, I guess I live in HEAVEN-ON-EARTH.

How 'bout comin' down here and checkin' it out for yourselves sometime? We're good for a few meals, a roof over your heads and maybe a shallow-water hookah dive or three. :biggrin:

Come see Arkansas' pearly gates. I likes 'em.

aj

Cooled the small house with a "swamp cooler". Water was run through a box housing a squirrel cage fan that pumped a stream of air into the house and the evaporation cooled the air. Without that moisture a freshly opened loaf of bread was Melba toast in a few short minutes!!!

There are more golf courses there now than almost any other place in the country kept green by irrigation while the rest of the area is experiencing water shortages!!! Humidity is far higher than when I lived there all those years ago and that makes the heat brutal!!! The swamp coolers don't work as well in high humidity either!!

Regards,

Cupajo