Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want to know who makes the best beach/water hunting traveling scoop. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

I use the Babbs scoop with the Stainless lip and it stands up to digging in the rocks just fine.

http://surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/Babbs_Scoop.html

It's a great scoop for in the water, especially with the SS tip. For the dry sand you will need a different scoop though.
This one has had good reviews.

[attachment 39502 SS1.jpg]

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

I bought a solid one three or four years ago, then i had a welder at work beef it up on the back end. it was getting weak from all the digging I did. I figure it will outlast me in the treasure hunting hobby.
Don't worry about how much they weigh, or who can scoop up the most sand in one scoop. that guy is headed for back trouble, dig the extra scoop, be kind to your back. You can't go on line and ask "who has the best back for sale" HH

You can see where its been welded around the back end. The handle is from an old weed whacker, they're easy to find at garage sales, adjustable too.
When they wear out, pitch the handle and go out garage saling again.
I sometimes put a three foot extension on the end of my scoop. One inch PVC pipe slips on, I have holes I drilled through the shaft to hold the extension solid. it makes all the difference on that signal thats just an inch out of reach. Hope this helps.