Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want Beach Detector - Thinking Sand Shark

jkasta

What is the reputation of the Tesoro Sand Shark as a PI unit for beach and shallow salt water detecting? How does it compare to other beach detectors.

thanks in advance for any advice!!!

The SandShark is a phenomenal value, IMHO. Especially if you keep detectors a long time, with the lifetime warranty. I have one and while my use has been limited thus far I am happy with it.

I have had very good results on wet ocean beaches. The one time I had my Sandshark in the shallow surf it was kind of noisy ... but I was running in VCO mode and did not go to Normal mode. I went back up to the wide wet beach area and worked that for that beach visit. I have had a couple of hunts in brackish tidal rivers and ran in Normal mode and it behaved wonderfully. I tried VCO and it was a little noisy in the brackish waters so switched to Normal, it quieted down and brought up some long lost coins, a silver bracelet, fishing lures, lead weights and of course bottle caps and tabs. Next time I have it at the beach I need to try Normal mode in the water. Other than my needing to learn the detector better, it balances very well, is easy to swing and found good things for me!

It is much easier to swing than the CZ-20 I have. I may need to do a custom shaft for the CZ. The Sandshark will find chains that the CZ will miss. I tested the chain found with the Sandshark with the CZ and the CZ only saw it in autotune and not very loudly.

Thank you for that Normal/VCO tip, i have heard the slight chatter as well in the surf, when wave action is around. I've been meaning to try Normal mode in the surf, will have the opportunity next weekend hopefully.

Also I did a informal chain test with the Sandshark, results are at

tinyurl.com/3l4e7o

Nudels,
Thanks for the link to your tests. Interesting results with the pulse width changes. I need to play more with the Sandshark.
tvr

I bought my Sand Shark a couple of months ago. The one and only real metal detector I have owned but I love it. It works great on the beach and in the water. Found my first gold yesterday, men's bracelet, nice. I've found tons of cool stuff this summer. I always use VCO and I've never had a problem in the gulf water. It seems to find small stuff deep. No interest in changing.