Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Walnut hill park silver!

Mark kus

I went back to this park where my friend scoutly hunted this week I’ve found two barbers here in the fall one was a 1897 O key date.
Today I hunted the same area going slow and my first coin was a deep one 26_27 about 8-9” down a 1893 barber dime.
The on my way over to the other side of the park it’s big 95-100 acres I hit the small cuff button then a small area path I found the 1964 Rosie.
Scoutly was joking about renaming the park barber park .Any info on the button would be great looks like a eagle on it?
C2F9FA0F-A0F4-462C-A4CE-5C508F306C92.jpeg
66434A91-A729-4488-93EB-0C78A9FAF08A.jpeg
B80DE529-DD3F-4C76-B28E-1F7EFC5BD187.jpeg
F5D70C32-A2A5-4178-96D5-5029C57FF84C.jpeg
766B73F2-3DF0-42F7-967A-E64D8B51BAA7.jpeg

Great finds again! Man, you kill on a consistent basis. Looks to me like a general service cuff button. If you can clean the back off enough to see the backmark, that would help to date it.

Great finds again! Man, you kill on a consistent basis. Looks to me like a general service cuff button. If you can clean the back off enough to see the backmark, that would help to date it.
Thanks Dan I have it in CLR trying to clean it I’ll see what I can get off the back
Yeah not bad 8 silver coins this week!

Thanks Dan I have it in CLR trying to clean it I’ll see what I can get off the back
Yeah not bad 8 silver coins this week!
That's a nice size park and you are finding the stuff. As you may know don't leave it in CLR for too long. Aluminum can sit in CLR overnight but brass will turn a pinkish color. The CLR eats up the zinc and leaves the copper in brass.

Thanks guys had a quick stop on way home from mother in laws just now at a old school I’ve done very well at and hit a 1960 Rosie some more finds I forgot in my car this week!
A7B1AB45-5DED-4378-AE32-A6391CDCBF3A.jpeg