Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wagon Roads

DJR

Well let me see if this message posts this time.

Has anyone out there hunted old wagon roads? I have found information on 2 roads one is not so old 1900's and the other dates back to approximately 1847. The 1847 road supposedly traveled across a somewhat large shallow lake Most of the wagon roads in Florida were military roads used in the earlier years and to this day some are our main arterial roads and major highway systems (what a shame)...anyway...the "newer" road I have detected and found absolutely nothing (as of yet) of metal except for a pile of dumped trash. My question is where would you guys with experience in hunting one of these look for the first time. I am concentrating on the water crossing areas as I believe that is where people may have stopped for breaks and to water horses and such. Any other ideas as to where to search? Big trees along its course? The 1900 era road still has a berm near the river corridor and the other I believe may still have a berm (2 actually) across the lake at least that is what is shown on a map. I believe this 1847 road was a "cutoff" to connect two military roads one along the coast and one interior of the coast both military roads connected to populated areas back then.

Any ideas?

Don

Sort out the trash dump that may hold old bottles and old relics.!
You may even find the older site there.

Sure would be nice if you could find the camps.
I would think the water crossings would be good also, Maybe you could dive the crossings.

Good Luck
Jeff

If you're talking about wagon trails there is a host of stuff lost or thrown off or away on these trails if they haven't already been hunted to death. Where people stopped at night to cook and sleep are good spots if you can find them..These folks usually didn't have much money to lose and any they had was locked away in the wagon. You would probably find more artifacts than anything else.

Bill

Thanks guys

I forgot about the bathing part!

Yes it would be very nice to find the camp sites.

Don