Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wading in the surf w/ Excalibur - Question

kpeterk

I was out at the beach today for the second time - trying to use the Excalibur 1000 in the surf. The first time I went out it worked very well. After about 45 minutes it started to get unstable. I figured that maybe some sand had made its way into the coil cover. I would hear all different tones whenever I moved it through the water It was even worse whenever a wave of water passed over. I went home and sealed the coil cover with silicone. I took it back out today and the same thing happened. Settings: No Discrimination, Auto Sensitivity. It works perfectly in wet sand and in water that isn't moving. Is this normal? Is there something I can do? Sould I use it without the coil cover? Thanks for your help.

Good one:clapping: I had my Excalibur do the same thing . But after I got home I took the coil cover off, cleaned it out real good, then Silicon around the edges after I put the coil cover back on. I have not had any problems with it like that since.
HH
Chris

Also make sure your battery connector is screwed on nice and tight. If any water gets around the contacts, it can make some weird noises too, mine did once until I screwed to battery connector on tight and made sure that rubber grommet was in there as well.

Good luck,
-Rich

Ok, thanks guys. I'll try these tips next time I go out. It was getting frustrating. One more thing - How deep will the Excailbur go with the sensitivity set to around 1 o'clock? I'm just curious.