Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

W.W.A.T.S hunt

What exactly do you use for the mesh? Has it been tested in the field? When I built mine I purchased expensive stainless steel mesh about $50 for that size you have there. The reason for the expense was everytime I placed a good sized scoop of sand in the sifter, the cheaper stuff would tear and break with little use.

You must have been hitting your scoop on the mesh,the trick is to bump your scoop on the frame.I use the regular mesh,I have been using this type of sifter for 6 years-no problems,I replace the screen about every 3 or 4 years.

Anybody should be proud to get one of those. Well made sifter!

Mike

My membership has expired and I need to sign up again. I think it was good for one year only. Thanks Jerry aka Tinfoil

The problem with the stainless is it made the sifter heavier than I'd care for. But it worked masterfully. To use the galvinized mesh I guess I'd have to rethink my dumping technique like you pointed out. Thanks for sharing your design. Simple and easy to make.