Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VJ Parade today.

George-CT

We did a VJ parade today. They claim its the oldest continuous one in the country. In the little town of Mooseup,and Plainfiled not to far from our bike club, so we put a float in it every year. Big crowd, and everyone has a great time. The kids like all the candy we toss out, and the big kids like the bikes we demo etc. One of my friends bought a new truck this year to haul with so we had a nice looking rig. We had bikes all over the floats, and we road the road bikes behind them. Fun day for us. Lots of fife and drum groups, old Model A clubs, muscle car clubs, Military groups from each branch of the service.

The guys started sending me up pictures so thought I'd post a few here.

The guy in the truck is my buddy who owns it Fran.

The red bike in rear is me and my buddy Andre ahead of me.

The smoke is from the guys breaking the tires loose for the crowd at the end of it...

Hoping for some of the better pictures to come tomorrow from others.

George-CT

V-J DAY PARADE
Begin:
8/12/2007 12:00 PM
End:
8/12/2007 5:00 PM
Description:
The last V-J Day Parade in the USA will be held in Moosup, CT, at 1 PM. Subvets POC is Charlie Starratt, Captain of the Color Guard.
Uniform:
Color Guard - Standard SUBVETS Color Guard Summer Dress;
participants - SUBVETS Summer dress (white shirt, khaki slacks/shorts, vest, garrison cap (or SUBVETS ball cap), comfortable walking shoes.

n/t

cars overheated from the heat today so I waited till we 200 feet from the end and as you can see in this picture, my buddy Paul and I were playing. Thats me to his upper right in white T-shirt just finishing my burn.
There was a fair amount of prestone on the the roads and that stuff is slick. didn't want the embarrassment of dropping it.

We we take our woods bike we pretty much bake them off and the group behind us was today also. Guess thats why us and the horses are last.

Geo

n/t

n/t

Hey George......did you ever find that "Apollo" piece you were going to post ? I've only been peeping in lately so I didn't catch it if you already posted it. It'd be neat to check it out.