Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

visit from the police

kenfleenor

Hi all. I just got my medal detector last week and have been anxious to get out. Well tonight after work, it was still around 40 degrees, so I ventured out to an elementary school playground. Well. I was having a good time and all, found a few clad coins when about midnight the police show up. He was cool and all. evidentally the lady janitor called them and said I was making her nervous. So he told me I would have to leave because she was nervous. I said that is cool. He was like " just go somewhere else for the night, I know you aren't up to anything, but shes the boss of the schoolyard at night.

Anyway, it only took me a week to have the cops called on me. LOL

nothing is legal unless there is a law FOR it. once apon a time EVERYTHING was legal, unless there was a law AGAINST it. thats oz. im not sure where you are from. sounds like oz coppers to me!

You did right...there are always other places to hunt...I would hit the school in the early morning hours like 4am til 5am...before the kiddies get there and before the lunch ladies show up...Better to walk away to hunt another day...

HH,

BH-LandStar

My 5yr old son and 6yr daughter go to a local school, I approached the principal the other day and she is drafting a letter on the official school letterhead so I am allowed to detect at night and on weekends! (cool). Apparently there has been graffiti attacks etc so security has been stepped up, and I'll need to produce the letter if needed. I am going to approach some other local schools in this area too, hope to get the OK from them as well. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting: