Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vision D2 coil and 22.5 KHz

treasureisland

Has any member hunted using the single 22.5 KHz frequency ? did you find the machine stable to use with the D2 coil?

I found that with my DFX and the D2 coil hunting in the 15 KHz frequency was a waste of time, as the machine just sounded off on every sweep.

With the DFX and the D2 coil i could only ever use it in best data

Using a high single frequency and the D2 coil does not seem to be a good combination

Maybe you gold hunters out there may know the answer as 22.5 KHz would be the best for gold nugget hunting

I'm having similar issues with vision in prospecting, even after ground balance the machine is very unstable

if i raise the search coil into the air the threshold of the unit keeps increasing

Interesting although the prospecting programme runs at 22.5 KHz it does run at all metal so you will hear everything

Why not give the High pro programme a try in 22.5 KHz and see if the machine is still unstable.

I got rid of the D2 coil because i could not use it in 15 KHz in any programmes with the DFX, it was fine in best data so i do not think i had a bad coil

I even put a 10x6 coil on and went in to 15 KHz again it ran fine

I am now waiting for a new V3 vision but i am worried i will not be able to use the 22.5 KHz with the D2 coil

Shaun, Do you have a detector NOW that works?

You have had an XLT- it work for you=Sold it
Had one or two DFX units that did not do well- You make "programmes" for it= DON'T work well= Sold them?
You walked around with a F75 that is SO fast...it is UNSTABLE ?? Why? = Sold it

Try to learn the V3 programs that are in the machine BEFORE you RE-"PROGRAMME" it ;-)

How long did you use the: DFX, F75??? TWO WEEKS?? And you make "programmes" for it?

;-)

Jerry

Just a hint, "programme" is the correct spelling in the rest of the English speaking world for "program".

crock my old friend nice to hear from you again lol you have been doing your home work on me i see, you even know my name and exactly what machines i have had

I have had 3 machines

1st machine XLT by far the best machine i ever had, had it for over 6 years then took a break from the hobby for 7 years due to to getting married and family commitments.

Fast forward to 2008

Fisher F-75

Read such good reviews on the F75 went out and bought one, used it for 3 weeks and got rid of it,very erratic unstable machine, some people think there good i don't.

June 2008 bought a DFX and soon found it was not as deep as an XLT, bought a D2 coil so i could extra depth only to find it would it was unusable when in 1 Frequency 15 kHz, although it worked fine in best data.

It does not take a genius to make programmes for the XLT or the DFX both very easy machines, you only have to tweak a few things to match your hunting conditions

Fast forward to last month

OK i hear rumours of a new machine called the Vision as i am disappointed with the DFX over the XLT i sell my DFX as i know as soon as news of the Vision spreads, the second hand value of DFX'S will fall at an alarming rate

At the moment i am waiting for the Vision to be available in the UK, when it is i am buying one.

I have been detecting for over 30 years since the early 1970, in the UK we detect roman/medieval sites that are usually littered with iron, and we need good machines like Whites no doubt are.

I ask a lot of questions on this forum, OK some may get annoying to certain people, all i am doing is trying to get all the information i can on the vision before it arrives in the UK

When i get my vision i will no doubt pass on information and tips to forum members, and probably post pictures of the finds i am making.

Sir, You will be happy with the V3..or what ever name it has by time you get it ;-)
I know you have the good targets in your area. I wish you good luck.

It would be nice to see you get some of the gold in the fields.

HH
Jerry

Hi,

My Vision is most stable in 22.5 kHz mode. In some places I get electrical interference in te 2.5 kHz mode, and going to 22.5 kHz eliminates the interference.

In other words, my unit runs great in 22.5 kHz mode with the D2 coil.

Steve Herschbach

Jerry if i find any gold your be the first to know i will post it all over the forum, although i am happy finding medieval coinage and the odd roman artifact,you should give the UK a try sometime although if your on a good site you wont want to return to the USA.

I think there is a company in the USA that organise detecting holidays to the UK, Jimmy Sierra would probably know more if your interested.

Steve that is encouraging words about the D2 coil and the 22.5 KHz

My problem was not electrical interference, it was just sounding off all the time due to all the iron in the ground,once i get the machine i will set the tones -1 to -95 to a soft grunt or similar and hopefully that will help

I will also be trying the 7.5 KHz i think this will be good in the UK the XLT ran at around 6 KHz

Thanks for your imput Guy's, and Good luck in your hunting