Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Virgin CW US Infantry Camp In Middle TN

VOL1266X

In 2003, I was lucky enough to locate a US Camp about 16 miles from home. By the number of bullets, it had not been touched. My friend who owns the 200+ acres thought something was there but had no clue where. I located some fired .69s mushroomed out big on a hill in a pattern that resembled target practice, No brass pieces were there. Last fall, I did find an eagle button about 100 yards from the "target site" while hunting with Dman. After I found the target site, I guessed at where the soldiers were firing from. I went about 200 yards away into a field and finding bullets was like picking up Easter eggs. I have hunted it each year since and figured it was hunted out. About 6 weeks ago, Dman and I decided to give it another try since the soil was totally saturated. I found 4 more .69s, kepi buckle, and a perfect eagle button. Dman found 5 more eagle buttons, carved bullet, a .69, and a .36 Colt pistol bullet. This was a special day where deep signals were detectable. Some relics were 9-10 inches deep. No plates were recovered there. They were probably there but the place had been cropped for years and farmers or tenants probably picked them up over the years. Enjoy and happy hunting from Middle Tennessee.

wow, 1266x, that's a nice collection there! i've said that 3 or 4 times now, haven't i? as usual, great post and great finds. aren't camps the best. thanks, and don't stop the posts! hh,

SUPER NICE FINDS...GIVES ME CHILLS CANT WAIT TO GET BACK TO MY SITE...HEY 1266 I LIVE IN ROBERTSON COUNT (HENDERSONVILLE TN) YOU ANY WHERE NEAR ME MAYBE WE CAN HOOK UP AND SWAP A FEW SPOTS. MY PARTNER IS DOING S LITTLE RESEARCH ON SOME NEW AREAS AND WE HAVE AN OLD CAMP SITE LOCATED THAT WE HAVENT BEEN TO YET IN CEDAR HILL TN NEXT TO THE RAIL ROAD ON TWO SEPERATE FARMS ONE I HAVE PERMISSION THE OTHER HAVE NOT TALKED TO OWNER YET BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD BY SOME FRIENDS IN THE AREA THEY USE TO PICK UP BULLETS WHEN THEY WERE KIDS OUT IN THE FIELD. GIVE ME A HOLLA IF INTESTED.
SEE YA ROGER