Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video on pinpointing with the ATP

SWKDigger

I know I don't have many posts on here but thought I would post a link to a video I just made. I've had some friends who had a little trouble pinpointing with the ATP so I made a video using 6 different ways of pinpointing and put it on YouTube. The quality isn't the greatest because my camera was shaky and I chose to allow YouTube to "stabalize" the video. Big mistake. This is also my first video. BTW, I'm not monetizing this video so that isn't my motive here. I just wanted to share. If you get something from it, great.

Anyway, here is the video.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOseWhPsZ8[/video]

Pinpointing is an art, especially with a DD coil. I much prefer a concentric coil. Thanks for the video. I bet you probably cut the learning curve for some new users a bit shorter.

Great video . I never use the pinpoint button unless it's to size a target. I X the target. It's Always in the middle. I use the Gold more then the Pro but both are great detectors. Where do you get the tips ( red cover ) for the propointer . My tip on my propointer is bad and I could use a few of those tips. Thanks GS

Thanks for the comments on my video!!!

I cover the tip of my pro pointer with plastidip.

If your pro pointer tip is worn out, I would recommend rebuilding it with epoxy and then covering it with the plastidip. I put on three good coats. It's easy to pull off the old and apply new coating when necessary.

BTW, I used to cover the whole probe, up to the power button. Now I have a pro pointer mount on my detector and it won't work with the whole thing coated.

Ive found the wiggle method to be the simplest and fastest way to pinpoint. I really dont know why some people have so much trouble pinpointing , whichever way you do it the process isnt difficult.