Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vibra Probe 570

nightsout

Hey gang,
Anybody have any experience with the vibra probe 570? Any idea what range it has from the tip to a coin? Or any other things you may know about it?
HH
Nightsout,Sharon CT

I have one - just got it - don't like it as much as the old 460....range is about 2" they say, but the vibes are less than the old unit and when touching metal, stops vibrating in about half the time as the 460. I thought it was broken, guess I was used to the old unit. I'll give it a chance though as 2" depth is better than 1". Other than that quality build and excellent customer service.

I borrowed a friends one a while back , and it cross talked with my EX II. I could switch noise channels on the detector to eliminate this but moved off of the optimal channel. I since have bought the Sunray X1 probe and will never have cross talk problems again. BTW my treasuremate PP also cross talked with my EX II....HH Rich

I only get cross-talk when the probe is close (within a couple of inches) to the X-1 or the main coil (which it's usually never close to). What kind of cross talk did you experience?

I could get cross talk up to 3-4 feet away from the coil , depending on what channel I was on. Its like wah wah wah wah wah, or buzz buzz buzz buzz on both ,in the earphones and the probes...

Had a vibraprobe, hated it. It worked, but for me, no better than the cheaper pinpointers - minimal depth. Too bulky and just one more thing to carry or lose. The Sunray probe is worth the extra cost for how well it works: 2x the depth of the vibraprobe, stows onboard so nothing else to carry/lose, uses detector electronics... so you can disc and pinpoint with it.

I use both. The problem is the X1 in normal mode tells you approx where a target is, but it responds to tagets to its sides. I also put the X1 in pinpoint mode, but it's a PITA and requires detuning, reaching to the control box (twice) and is noisy. I use it when i need a deeper directional signal (in this mode it doesn't pick up targets to the side of the probe). I use the VP for finding a target that i can't see but i know is right there - literally - usually after using the X1. If you didn't have to reach the control box to go into pinpoint mode it would be much easier to use. Both probes together do a great job for me. They need to get rid of that little switch on the shaft though and put a momentary contact on the probe.

Eric I agree with you, a press button on the probe itself would be the ducks guts. It would save time and would make using it a REAL pleasure. Not that it is not a pleasure now. i would give up land detecting if I didn't have the X-1,