Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very Weird

Lori

I went out for a few minutes in my backyard. I came across a signal that was high. It was in the upper right corner and in the upper portion. So I switched to digital. It told me 04 27, 05 28, 19 28, 04 28, 01 28, 00 28, 00 29, 20 28 etc. So I didn't know whether to dig or not but did anyway to satisfy my curiousity. It turned out to be Guess?

When i peg into the upper right most corner...and i dont know how to describe it ,but i can tell the diffrence...Its a Hot rock...Thats my Guess..BTW i never use the vdi on my se so i dont know what it would be by those

I'd guess a clad quarter.

... a silver miniature of Jimmy Hoffa. :bouncy:

But seriously, with an Explorer it could be any number of good, conductive targets - or even a bent, rusty nail.

Hoping it's a good one though...

SCM

Thank you guys for guessing :) It was 2 clad quarters. A 1966 and a 1965 grrrr!! So Close to silver LOL.

Looks like you are learning when to dig. You are getting that instinct that tells you that might be a good target. A lot of surface coins will give you those readings... especially a penny. You might also get those readings with FAST on, the digital readings arent as accurate with it on. At least you are 50 cents richer. As far as hot rocks all of my hot minerals hit at 00-31.

Dew

Lori - why are you looking at digital readings at all? First of all it's a PITA to remember what falls where....I would hunt by sound and then look at where the cursor falls on the Smart Screen -- they never should have added a separate digital screen....it probably should have been superimposed on the Smart screen, but I don't see any reason to really look at those values as targets in the ground are always gonna be +/- a few clicks on eaither axis.

I agree with Erik. Throw a bunch of different targets (clad, silver coins, nails, bottle caps, etc.) on a CLEAN patch of ground, and listen carefully to the different sounds each makes. The more you practice this the better. Silver objects have a very distinctive tone, and once you imprint the sound in your mind, you will almost always know when you've swept over a silver coin (unless its a very deep one, well masked, etc.). Therefore, sounds/tones first, then depth meter, THEN SmartFind screen, in that order. Have fun learning your Minelab. Johnny