Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

very up set with my COMMANDO!!

shawn1

First there is no info on this model any where, not in catalog or on web site. they make the product why not treat it like the rest of the models. And it does not seem to have any detection power. i tried to just hold a coin in front of my unit, and with nothing but air in between the quarter and the coil was only like 5 inches. how is it supposed to pick anything up at 5inches if it barley does it threw the air. and to top it off it has a 6inch coil. i paid more for it then the fast tracker and it has a smaller coil. something just seems wrong here. don't get me wrong i think bounty hunter is a good brand but they really need to work on this problem. and still got no answer on why my unit has no numbers above the intensity meter.? Any other commando owners please let me know how u feel about it. And if u see these problems..:hot:

Bounty Hunters line of detectors are found on their website and in their catalog. However, they also make a line of detectors that are sold exclusively at Walmart and Radio Shack. These units are basically the same exact unit with only slight variations in appearance and with different names. You are not likely to find these units listed on the website or their catalogs. I know because I have the Pioneer 202 (the Walmart version of the QDII). It works just the same and has the same operator's manual. I'm sure your unit is just as good as the Tracker IV, apparently the Camo design sets it apart.

Very Strange...If it truely is a 6" coil, I WANT one!!! Measure the coil again...from the very outside rim...I have heard nothing so far about a 6" coil, but I will take your word for it...dirt jockey is correct...If you try to find a Pioneer 202, 505, Discovery 3300, Commando, on the BH site, your not likely to see it...Those were made for Wal-Mart and Rat Shark (Radio Shack). BH will service them all though (as far as I have been told).

HH,

BH-LandStar

Also, I failed to mention that the coin should be flat to the coil and you have to keep it in motion across the coil...slow sweep speed...about 2 feet/second...Unless in the no-motion all-metals mode which the Tracker IV does not have I think...

HH,

BH-LandStar

The BH T4 is definately a motion detector, your right BH-Landstar! Hey Shawn1 RE: Intensity meter, just forget the thing is even supposed to exist. It's of no use to anyone, just uses up power for nothing and confuses newbies. With the unit you have, it's important to listen for, and learn signal tone, and strength, and pinpoint using tone and the coil in relation to the ground, not the meter. I refuse to even look at mine! Hope this helps. Live your dreams! HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

Thank you very much everyone for all your help. The only question i still have is with the tracker IV, how far away does your unit pick up coins. not in the ground just testing it. by sitting ur unit on a table or something and running a coin in front of the coil. mine is 6 inches at most.. Once again THANK YOU everyone u all been a big help...:poke:

It should detect to 8" at least on coins with the sensitivity turned all the way up in an air test. if it chatters when sens is full up, make sure there are no large metal objects within 2 feet of the coil (chairs, table legs, the floor with nails, ect.) if it still falses, turn the sens back to 3 o'clock position. Also make sure your wearing no metal jewelry when testing. If it still does not detect with these settings, it is time to consider returning it, or sending it back to BH. Also, watch this video....it is for a different detector, but gives a LOT of good tips.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i208.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid208.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/rlemp/BH_Pioneer_505_Video.flv">

HH,

BH-LandStar