Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Very TIRING detecting & The DIGGING dog!

Just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach SC to do some detecting.
The 4 hour trip took 8 hours up, due to accidents, road construction, and getting lost 3 times (weve been there many times and not got lost... so much has changed) We stopped at a park along the way called "WoodCastle". If your ever near Ellerby NC, its a MUST!!! We were pulling out coins as fast as we could grab them! The mulch was GREAT! Then off to the beach. We went detecting (my wife and I) with 2 kids and a VERY HYPER and rambunctious Golden Retriever puppy! It was CHAOS! My retriever was abandoned as a puppy, and since we found her (on the side of the highway) she has been the type of dog who LOVES people. I had the dog leash in one hand, (dragging me towards every human being she saw, wanting affection) and a 3 year old in the other. as if thats not enough, My son is Autistic, so hes about 5 kids in one. But we DID pull it off, taking turns and switching off, and it CAN be done. We still had time to splash around, get soaked in the freezing ocean, get sand in our eyes and clothes, swim in the pools, and eat out at a Thaifood restaurant. We left the next day at lunch. No major finds; a pair of sunglasses buried about 8" deep, an old wheat penny that was badly corroded so we cant make out year, something that resembles a CO2 cartridge, a small gold thing with jems (unsure what it is at this time, looks like it might have been a tube for a fancy japanese necklace) and lots of normal modern coins.

Most of our digs on the beach were deep ones, and we got tired of the digging. We somehow managed to train the dog in less than 24 hours to help. I would pinpoint the item, dig one handful scoop of sand, then say "Angel! Dig!" and my retriever would let sand fly!!! Shed have it a foot or more deep in about 12 seconds! Shed lay her face in the hole, then step aside for us to finish our prospecting!

The next time your all alone, in a peaceful pasture, with only the sounds of faint beeps, remember, some of us have to detect with kids, and we still manage.
Happy hunting!