Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vero Beach Fl

EDFX

Finally getting to go to Florida and go hunting. We will be staying in Vero from Sat till Fri next week. Any suggestions or help woould be appreiciated on hunting any and all the spots of the Fleet of 1715 I know it is a long shot but hey I got the time. I dont know any of the rules of hunting Florida and I was thinking of bringing both DFX and Beachunter.Any suggestions welcomed Thanks in advance Ed I am from Long Island so I usually hunt in the water and on the beach.

Welcome to Fla. beach hunting ....... I live just south of Vero in Pt. St. Lucie. Have been following this forum for a few days trying to get familiar with the different detectors. Looking to buy one and get started hunting onthe beach.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Jay:spin:

hey,i was going to vero this week just bought a excalibur 1000,how deep do plan to dive?ijust read that on boat you have to buy a lease from mel fishers lease to prospect and there very strick.i don't know about diving from the beach.

You have a limit to the amount of bags you can have. Last time I checked it was 1 carry on and 1 regular baggage. Because the carry on size was so limited it was if only a laptop could be carry on. When we went to Florida I had to ship my detector through FedEx. It cost about $125.00. Almost as much as a plane ticket!

HI Steve I am not diving just hunting wet and dry sand I dont think that you can hunt the water without paying a fee to the leaseholder.Maybe next time I can get a couple of people together and go diving,or snorkeling.I am not sure of the restrictions in Fl but am hoping to find out real quick. HH Ed

I just got back from Vero Beach myself (08NOV05). I hunted Ambersand Beach Access, Turtle Trail Beach Access and Golden Sands Park Beach Access.

Spent 3 days there and recovered 1 clad quarter, 2 pulltabs and a 12" long lag bolt about 18" down.

Ambersand and Turtle Trail had cuts about 1 foot high. Golden Sands had cuts over 6' high! A lot of erosion has taken place with all the hurricanes.

These beaches, actually just one long beach, have very short frontage (distance from dunes to low tide water mark) about 75 feet at the most. End result

You cannot hunt in the water, regardless of tide, with a metal detector...period. Want to hunt the low tide edge (at high tide) you must wait till low tide. When I was there the beaches were empty of people... not quite the tanning season yet.

You are allowed (1) carry on and (2) checked bags per person.

Places to hunt...

Turning left onto A1A from RT60, zero odometer

Ambersand Beach Access approx 13.5 miles
Turtle Trail Beach Access approx 6.0 miles
Mclarty Museum approx approx 14.5 miles
Golden Sands Park Beach Access approx 9.9 miles
Wabasso Beach Park Access approx 8.3 miles
Chuck's Steak House Access approx 16 miles

Turning right onto A1A from RT 60
Rio Mar Beach Access approx .9 miles
Pepper Park Access approx 12 miles

That should keep you busy for a few days.

Pete

Do not take ANYTHING from the underwater sites and DoNot get caught with a metal detector in the water unless you have paid the 1000.00 annual permit to Taffi Fisher at the Fisher Museum. You'd stand a better chance spotlighting deer at night in a state park with a shotgun.

You can literally walk off of the beach and snorkel or dive these sites.

Good luck
therick

Hi Jay I use a whites beachhunter ID there are lots of machines out there your best bet would be to visit the local club and talk to some people there you will get lots of good advice. Good Luck and HH Ed

Here is a link to dive sites, but it describes the locations of much of the known 1715 fleet. You may try Douglas Beach south of Ft Pierce. It is known for gold coins and jewelry and is not as populated as some other places.Good luck and HH.
http://www.irishmansoftware.com/beach_dive_locations.htm

ed,if you guys have a club that goes out on weekends or something let me know me and wife or just us guys can get together.i'm exploring northwest fl now around destin,we have lots of pirates loot around here along with some shipwrecks.

steve

what makes it ok to dive from the shore and not with a boat?why don't some of us get together and pay the $1000 and work some of these sites and what can we keep then?

steve

The point was that you don't NEED a boat to get access to them. Secondly, most of the valuable artifacts are located under tons of sand. Anywhere from 3ft to 10 ft deep. You need a "mailbox" blower in order to blow holes in the sand down to hard bottom. Then, if you're extremely lucky, you may find a keeper or two.

therick