Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Venise En Quebec

SurfCutter

:canadaflag:
I give all fair Warning about these beaches in Missisquoi Bay....They are one of the most dangerous set of beaches North of the boarder in my Humble experience.....they are only safe to hunt after the swim season.
Richard and I would work these beaches on his off days in that it was a bit of a drive from Verdun out to the lake plus figure time to hunt made it a day trip. It was not like other beaches Richard and I hunted that were much closer to Montreal and if we had an hour or 3 we would hunt.

Missisquoi Bay ...I was in love there soooo many times it hurt the danger of these beaches was during the swimming season it was just to hard to hunt with all the pretty distractions :yikes:if I had a nickle for all the times Richard would follow behind me digging up gold rings , chains and pendents and the 75/25 silver to clad coinage I could have retired then and there.... Yup... the machine is on but no one is listening ....As a young man :super: just out of high school a few years on I had a tough time of it with all that pretty around to even try to pay attention to business. I will say this if you have any heart conditions this is one beach to wait until cooler weather some of the suits I have seen there I have seen more material in a handkerchief...:surprised::yikes:

To give you and idea of what you will find at this great hunting spot it is set up in to three beach areas , the largest and most active the last time I was there would be the day trip/ campers beach in the middle . We would park for the day here and walk to the other two but you could hunt for days here and the deep sands that go out for a good distance , that coupled with the changing water height you will never hunt it all . the other beaches are to the right and left of what I will call the main beach . The beach to the right as you are looking out into the bay from the parking lot is an older beach not as active now but it is good for silver and old gold , with some newer gold being added now and then ...the same can be said for the beach on the left in another tale I will relate how a very heavy 18K gold band was found and the date was from the early 1920's ...or the time I forgot to bring my hat and to keep from getting roasted trying to buy one at the little store on the beach me in English and the Clerk in french .....I think I got the last Gilligan hat left over from many seasons before but it did save me from a good burning not much help with winning the hearts of some of the swimmers ...:angel:

If I was every to go back across the boarder to hunt again this would be a but stop and hunt beach ....

Good Hunting All
and send pictures ..lol

Bill G.

Course I've never seen any!:blink:

No better way to impress the young ladies than carry a metal detector in one hand and a chessboard in the other. We bad !!:lol::beers:

n/t

Then as now the last thing you would care to see is me in a Speedo ....:puke:

That in itself would give you nightmares and a drinking problem to forget ...:drinking::blink: LOL
Bill G.

n/t

I don't hunt beaches with other there. I prefer rainy days but I hunt with diving gear :D