Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero

jimknife

I finally decided on my Tesoro, I ordered a vaquero today. Thanks for all of your input. This forum has good information. Keep up the good work.

Congrats!!! I just got one and love it.

Great!

Thinking about one myself... (if I can ever wear out the Tesoros I have now!)

Jimknife, I too finally decided on a V. Bought it a few weeks ago, but have only had it out twice. Light, quiet, and nice to use. I'm sure it will become my go to detector. I've always been a multi-tone guy, but thumbing the disc. dial works for me. Hope you enjoy it. Eric

I to thought I couldn't live without multi tone and TID.

Life is full of suprises. I not only live without them, I prefer it that way.

That's why we like to metal detect. Life's full of supprises. But you need to go find them.

HH

Single tone works just swell for me, although I can work multiple, I see no handicap with a single tone.
To me, a handicap would be not having a quality set of headphones.
The Golden uMax has multi-tone ID - and it seems that I don't see many post about it.
The Cortes has multi-tone in the sum mode. I bought it to see what the sum mode does as far as the display confidence bars, but I find myself when using the Cortes, I run it in all metal mode, and I don't use the sum mode which was the reason I bought it :blink:
And I find I rarely look at the display also :blink:

Have to go with the headphones!!!!!!!!!!! The order of importance is: {BRAIN<>MD<>QUALITY HEADPHONES}

I used cheep headphones and thought I was doing good.

I recently bought a quality set and I don't know how I functioned without them.

I'm digging everything in the spectrum of sound just to learn what it all sounds like.

I've dug thousands of targets in just a short while. I'm getting sick of aluminum. I'm digging all shapes and sizes.

Here's what I mean. A one hour nonproductive hunt this morning in wood chips.
scrap.jpg

When I get in the hard to dig and retrieve areas this spring I'm going to know what to dig and what not to dig a whole lot better than I did before quality headphones.

HH,

That wasn't unproductive. Look at how many new aluminum pieces you recovered to add to your collection! Just pulling your chain, bud! And headphones, the good ones, do make a difference. That and learning the individual sounds that each detector has for different materials as well as sizing the target. But I will admit with what is the now onslaught of years my hearing, even with Killer Bees, is not as capable of discerning small differences as they once were.
Pap

That's a real good chuckel Pap.:lol: I liked that:)

We do the best we can with what we got.

The important thing is, it's healthy and it's fun.

HH

The Vaquero is a fantastic all around machine. You will not be sorry. I have had mine about 7 months and have had a blast with it. It picked up a lot of nice stuff out of my yard and other places that other detectors had left behind.