Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero VS Tejon VS my old Eldorado ?

JerryL944

Hello to All

I am a NEW MEMBER .. In the late 90's I had a Eldorado ..I really liked it .. I developed some shoulder / knee probs at the time and sold it .
I'd Love to find another mint one !!

But anyway If I buy anew one what would give me the best results The Tejon or the Vaquero ? I will be searching in wooded / Farm country with heavy clay soil and shale . It is prob very heavy in iron content as my well water is heavy in iron . I never searched this area I am in now . It is the foot hills of the Appalachian Mtns. ( lot of civil war / Mining . Lumbering / Farming / Parts of the Ohio Canal / etc activity )

Thanks for all the help and input ...... Jerry Leskovec jleskovec@sbcglobal.net

IMO The Vaquero handles mineralized soil much better than the Tejon.I have both and the V is better for all round hunting

if your into coins the vaq does better in my opinion and the tejon is better for relic and will penertrate a little deeper

Thanks for the info to both posts so far ... I have no particular items that I will be looking for . I will search old abandon home sites ( I know already a LOT OF NAILS ) I will be searching very old factory / homes / farms / or just old logging / wagon paths / Old Canal Tow Paths / and then the various bleachers / or open fields after various events .
Soooooo I will be doing everything except water ...... I have went around OLD 1750's - 1900 cemataries, as many women used to lose jewlery while weeping and some customs had them throwing their wedding ring on to / into the grave etc ( I'm NOT DIGGING THESE SITES Other than if an object is just an inch or so under the grass ) I have come accross small abandon family plots in the woods 2 - 5 stone markers .

Jerry Leskovec jleskovec@sbcglobal.net

Welcome aboard here.

I haven't used a Vaquero. I have a Cibola and a Tejon. I like them both.

Cibola is pretty easy on the arm with the standard coil, Vaquero should be the same. Either one is real easy to swing with the 5.75 inch coil. The Tejon isn't as nose heavy with a larger coil (either the 12 x 10 or the 3.6 x 1:geek: as the Cibola is. Nose heavy puts more torque on elbow and shoulder.
Cheers,
tvr