Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero-tejon

idig3

I have noticed where i am the vaquero gets real chirpy if the sensitivity is all the way
up, which leads me to believe the tejon would really be chirpy resulting into having to
turn it way down. I think that if you live in an area with above ground electric running on
poles and around alot of other buildings that would cause the machine to be a little unstable with all the electrical interference, as opposed to using one out in the middle of the woods, and the tejon would not work as well. Someone correct me if i am wrong would using one in a neighborhood and i am not talking about using it right under high voltage
transmission lines or next to a big factory with alot of equipment, effect it more than using it out in the woods?

I have a Tejon and a Vaquero. In alot of the city parks I am not able to use the Tejon. I find that Electromagnetic interference from the high lines and radio stations makes it so unstable because of its sensitivity and somewhat unstable noisy behavior anyway that I am unable to use it. The Vaquero though, I have never had any problems using it anywhere I went. I thought perhaps my Tejon was unique in that it become very erratic in most of the city parks I hunted no matter what setting changes I made, so I asked a friend to come to these parks with me who also has a Tejon (this guy has 30+ years experience) and even his Tejon reacted in the same fashion. This dissapoints me in the Tejon but I must say as an all around machine I absolutely love my Vaquero. Now don't get me wrong, my Tejon is a beast if I am in the middle of no where looking for the deep relics!

The Tejon is no exception. But I have hunted under high power lines numerous times with not a bit of noise or affect on my machine. Granted, there are things that will interfer with the stability of the Tejon, or any sensitve machine, but its not always what we think. And some interference is not even noticable to the ear. Your machine could be loosing depth due to some electronic or electromagnetic intereference but doing it quietly. When you think your machine is being affected by some outside source, do your air test on a coin and see if the machines depth is compromised. It may be your machine is "chirping", but maybe it doesnt affect the depth. There are little things you can always do to verify your machine is wokring up to snuff.

The next time your buddy is with you, his machine may affect how yours opperates. Do an air test with his mahcine off, then repeat it with his machine on and only feet away from you. Often we call our hunting partners over to see how they read a target but unless you turn your machine off they may not hear it the way their machine might normally hear it. Now this is not the case most of the time and between most machines, if you regularly hunt with one person you should find out if your machines affect each others. That might be why he always finds the good stuff and you dont (his machine could be affecting yours). In most cases, even with interference, your machine will still operate correctly but its a pain to listen to the chatter and you wont be able to tell if you pass over a deep target that only gives you small audio.

I recently bought a Tejon for a great price from a guy who was clearing out his Tesoro stock, but I've yet to use it. I'm wondering if I should have bought the Vaquero instead. I'm looking for relics and coins in the southwest desert. Do you think that the Tejon was a good choice? Thank you.

The Tejon is a very good, all-around machine. It hits really good on gold and you are in gold country! It has a higher frequency than the C & V, so its better on low conductive metals. Plus, you probably have some mineralization out your way, and Tejon handles it pretty well. I would have recommended the Tejon over the V. Good choice.

There are only a few things that could affect your machine. Cell phone, GPS, Walkie Talkie are probably the only things that MIGHT affect your machine. Test it by shutting them all off except your machine, air test a coin, mark the distance. Then turn the electronic objects on but only one at a time, and re-run the air test to see if anything changed. Then turn them all on at the same time and compare as well. If you see no affect, your good to go.

The only other thing that I found to mess with my machines is underground utilities, electric cattle fences, and underground electronic dog fences. If you get near any of these with a Tejon you will hear it begin to chatter and buzz. Burried phones lines may also cause noise.