Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VAQUERO-MXT

findit

Has anybody compared these two.I know the mxt has tid and a couple other
extras, but has anybody compared depth .They both have same frequency
and about the same size coil, but would like to know how they compare
using them for coin, jewelry, and relic on dry land.And has anyone compared the tesoros vs whites in general or even tesoro vs minelab.If
say you had a tesoro and you wanted to get a second machine that was just as good or better and under $1000.00 which one? Another tesoro or
whites or minelab?

I too was thinking about a MXT or Vaquero to diversify a little. I have alway used Garretts ([size=medium]which are great, easy to learn machines[/size]) except for a short time with a Bounty Hunter.:nono: I am kinda leaning toward the Vaquero since the MXT has TID like the Garretts I use (GTI1500 and ACE250) and I think I would like to use my ears and what's between them a little more:rofl: but don't want to tax my brain with programming like with the DFX or Minelab se:nerd:

[quote findit]Has anybody compared these two.I know the mxt has tid and a couple other
extras, but has anybody compared depth .They both have same frequency
and about the same size coil, but would like to know how they compare
using them for coin, jewelry, and relic on dry land.And has anyone compared the tesoros vs whites in general or even tesoro vs minelab.If
say you had a tesoro and you wanted to get a second machine that was just as good or better and under $1000.00 which one? Another tesoro or
whites or minelab?[/quote]

My answer is still the same as before for me. Comparing the MXT to the Vaquero is like comparing apples to oranges. Other than the Vaquero being lighter in weight I would say the MXT is a better detector hands down. In quality and resale, it is hard to beet a Whites detector for build quality as well as usable features.

This is just my humble opinion having owned both Whites and Tesoro detectors over the years.

Best of luck,
Bill G

(Previous Quote)

The Vaquero is a great little detector, light, good depth, sensitive to small items and works grate with the small coil super tuned. I had one for a long time and found some really nice things with it. The MXT on the other hand is a different detector all together and over all a much better detector in my opinion in over all performance and features, it is also very sensitive to small items. It also cost more, it's a threshold based detector, it has a prospecting mode, relic mode, coin and jewelry mode, a meter that provides a ton of information as well as a better ground tracking system. Learning these different modes can be a big benefit with the MXT. They both find the heck out of things, it just depends on what you want. In my opinion its like comparing apples to oranges in some ways.

I personally prefer the MXT hands down..

Take Care, HH
Bill G