Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaquero and Tejon in mineralized soil

Arch Stanton

I read a post on the official Tesoro forum stating that the Vaquero, due to its lower frequency, does better than the Tejon. The Vaquero supposedly gets better depth in mineralized soil. Thanks for your input.

[quote Arch Stanton]I read a post on the official Tesoro forum stating that the Vaquero, due to its lower frequency, does better than the Tejon. The Vaquero supposedly gets better depth in mineralized soil. Thanks for your input.[/quote]

I hope that is true because I know I'm totally satisfied with the depth of my Tejon and if the Vaquero folks are getting even more depth, well, good for them. Glad I don't have to dig their targets. :)

In the field tests I've read I've never read where the Vaquero is deeper than the Tejon, the opposite was always the case.

But I must admit I've never tested both machine against each other.

Maybe somebody here has done that?

Interesting post, thanks.

Myron

I talked to one of the techs at Tesoro and they stated the Tejon should get a little more depth than the Vaquero, because of the extra gain in the design. But I'm happy with my Vaquero.

Lower frequencies have traditionally been associated with greater depth in mineralized soil. I hear that the fisher 1280 with its 2.4khz freq gets real good depth in hot soil.

Fred

Das vooten flaven mit schenkit "all metal mode".

Das Vaquero, und das Tejon zetten liebre. Danka.

Mien Cortes mit grondbalans sucked.