Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VAQ at the beach

BigErn

Headin to West Palm Beach in a week or so and I'm taking the Vaquero with me. Does anybody have any experience with this machine at the beach? Im assuming the GB is not enough to handle the wet salt sand but if there was a way to get a few inches I think I would be satisified. I have a 5.75 Conc, 10"elliptical WS and the standard 9x8 coil. Thanks for your input. :super:

to help combate the mineralization. But even with that you may have to increase Disc and GB a little negative to get anything. But it should do great in the dry sand.

I used the one I had last year.
Not much use in wet sand, but I was instructed by a dealer a the coast to set the machine's discrimination to about nickel and sensitivity to about 5 and hunt. He said not to worry about the GB because there wasn't enough adjustments to help in wet sand.

Hey, but on the bright side, it works great in the dry sand.:clapping:

Thanks guys! Im hoping these upcoming storms push around some serious sand so I can uncover some great finds...or it may bury them even more, either way Im looking forward to hunting a beach. If thats the case I may just find a nearby dealer and test out a PI machine of some model. I dont think Tesoro has a dealer near West Palm Beach