Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vaq Anyone tried this ????

holey dollar

Hi Guys,
Picked up on a small thing Tab said a week or so ago. I have the Vaq i run the Vaq at about 10 Sensitivity, what i found is in the field if i run sens past 10 you get small chirps etc, boy in the field if you can stand a few odd chirps and turn the sens up past 10 the depth is mind blowing. Did an air test at home with a small Greek coin got 4 plus inches more depth on the coin, about 15inches +. And the small coin was giving a loud sound not faint. This method gives a lot more depth than super tuning the Vaq, give it a go let me know your thoughts,

Dave/Holey Dollar.

Hay Dave,

that's how I usually set my sense when hunting in the

disc mode.

Super tuning distorts the natural response of the V.

I want to have that info that super tuning hides.

Sometimes it is so trashy that I must raise

the disc or lower the sensativity.

I usually opt to lower sens.

You will loose a little depth either way.

But deapth can be a drawbach in heavy trash.

In heavy trash, I go slow and use no disc.

HH,

so your saying dont mess with threshold? leave it where its best in all metal and adjust sensitivity up past 10? this way you get better depth than super tuning?? hummm ok sounds good. ill have to try that.

I run my Silver uMax the same way. I turn up the sensitivity in the red until it just starts chirping alittle, I call this running it where it is just getting ugly. Running it ugly gets pretty results. Steve.

[size=medium]it is generally best to:

I am for sure gonna try this method. I have been running my sens around 6-7. I dunno why just did. The method ya'll are showing sounds like the way to get the deep hits, Beale.

Monte, does that mean, regardless of where the sensitivity is set in disc mode the AM mode is set to max?

The Sensitivity control on the Vaquero, like most Tesoro's, functions like the Signal Balance /Pre Amp Gain control on many White's models. That is, it is a function only in the Disc. mode to augment some signal (preamplification) prior to final processing. The All Metal mode is set in the circuitry at a 'maximum' transmit sensitivity.

[size=medium]There might be a tiny bit of noticeable affect if you adjust to the minimum Sensitivity setting, at least on some models, but for the most part the All Metal modes (most models) are designed at maximum in the circuitry.

Monte
[/size]

Monte
Did a depth test with the Vaq in my bedroom, i got about 4 inches more depth on the Vaq going past 10 sensitivity, yes got the odd chirps etc, but run a good target past the coil it comes in loud and clear, i was taken by surprise the extra depth i got on a good target, will test this using various coins .Only tested in all metal,

Dave Holey Dollar.