Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vanquish 540 Help

fastdraw

I want to notch my wife's Vanquish 540 In the custom mode. I have read the manual a few times. What the manual does NOT tell me is,.... After I notch it in custom mode, and the battery's are removed for charging, will the notching in custom mode be lost..? I'm just trying to Coin notch in custom mode in this number range. 11-12. 19-21. 24-26.
29-31. 34-36

Last edited:
The answer is no, when I change batteries or take them out to charge I do not lose my custom program settings.

And I'll just add my comment that I think some people get carried away with too much notching. Notch discrimination can help eliminate hearing some trash, but it also rejects a lot of good targets that, for various reasons, fall in that rejected Notch window.

My custom program for example with the 5 by 8 double D coil, which is really good for trashier environments, is to accept all segments except the first two. And with that model, my custom setting was done using the jewelry mode because I like the recovery speed it has.

Then when I'm out detecting it just takes a small mental note to remember that most u.s. nickels ring up 12 or 13, and most of the better hire conductive coins display anything from 19 on up.

So rather than use a nothing system, if I am coin hunting specifically, I recover the 1213 readings and everything from 19 up. But I still hear the other targets that responded in all those other segments, and I like to hear those because sometimes some Target masking will degrade a Target and have it read lower, or at times read higher. I have recovered u.s. nickels that lock on 14 and most of those wer the u.s. silver war nickel minted during World War II. There were also a couple of nickels that rang up and jump back and forth between 11 and 12. I have also recovered older pennies, such as Indian heads and very early wheat pennies, that gave me an 18 or occasionally a 17 VDI read–out.

Anyway for the extra comments there's no charge but the answer to your question is no, my V-540 saves the programs during battery change or recharge.

Monte

The answer is no, when I change batteries or take them out to charge I do not lose my custom program settings.

And I'll just add my comment that I think some people get carried away with too much notching. Notch discrimination can help eliminate hearing some trash, but it also rejects a lot of good targets that, for various reasons, fall in that rejected Notch window.

My custom program for example with the 5 by 8 double D coil, which is really good for trashier environments, is to accept all segments except the first two. And with that model, my custom setting was done using the jewelry mode because I like the recovery speed it has.

Then when I'm out detecting it just takes a small mental note to remember that most u.s. nickels ring up 12 or 13, and most of the better hire conductive coins display anything from 19 on up.

So rather than use a nothing system, if I am coin hunting specifically, I recover the 1213 readings and everything from 19 up. But I still hear the other targets that responded in all those other segments, and I like to hear those because sometimes some Target masking will degrade a Target and have it read lower, or at times read higher. I have recovered u.s. nickels that lock on 14 and most of those wer the u.s. silver war nickel minted during World War II. There were also a couple of nickels that rang up and jump back and forth between 11 and 12. I have also recovered older pennies, such as Indian heads and very early wheat pennies, that gave me an 18 or occasionally a 17 VDI read–out.

Anyway for the extra comments there's no charge but the answer to your question is no, my V-540 saves the programs during battery change or recharge.

Monte
Monte.... Can I have your email address.? I have a few questions about the vanquish 540 pro. Please..! Milne is fastdraw@att.net. thanks

Monte.... Can I have your email address.? I have a few questions about the vanquish 540 pro. Please..! Milne is fastdraw@att.net. thanks
You bet. Take your pick as I use both of these: monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com Anyone is welcome to call me, too, at 503-481-8147

Why not ask them here? That way we all can benefit...
I guess he could, but sometimes folks have off-topic questions such as related to different brands that might not fit the Forum requirements. On occasion they have personal reasons for not opening up some questions, and I understand that.

Monte