Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Value in Pesky Pennies

Heath

Everybody picks up current clad from the beaches, playgrounds and parks, but do you if there is a value to it? There are a number of fairly valuable U.S. error coins and die varieties in circulation today. These coins are overlooked. It may be a modest doubling of the coin image, differences in the size or spacing of the letters in the legend. Knowing what your pocket change is worth a large premium over face value. You don't what to by a Coke with a $3000 penny.

Here are some of the coins.

1969-S Lincoln Cent with a Double Die Obverse, extremely rare Appox Value around $35,000 or more in EF-40 or so.

1970-S Small Date Lincoln Cent with a Doubled Die Obverse Appox Value around $3000 or more in EF-40 or so.

1972 (no mark) Lincoln Cent with a Doubled Die Obversed Appox Value around $500 in EF-40 or so.

2004-D Wisconsin State Quarter with an Extra Leaf Appox Value $200 to $300 in MS-60 or so. Comes in a high leaf and a low leaf Minting.

1998,1999, and 2000 Wide "AM" Reverse Lincoln Cent. The AM in America on the reverse is clearly separated in the Wide variety, normally the AM are very close or touching. Appox Value $5 to $25 circulated, $75 to $600 in MS-63 or better depending on color.

1982 No Mint Mark Roosevelt Dime Appox. Value $30 to $50 in AU-50, more for higher grades.

1995 Doubled Die Obverse Lincoln Cent. Clear doubling in LIBERTY and IN GOD WE TRUST Appox Value $20 to $50 in uncirculated condition

Minnesota State Quarter with the Extra Tree on the left side.

These are some of the OOPPPs from the mints, so when you are digging up the clad or reaching in the pockets, take a look at what showing up in the palm of the hand, The penny could buy a new detector or more.

HH:minelab::fisher::detecting:

And the common ones add up quickly too over the years These were mostly bought with pennies I've collected over the that 15 years.

goldtwo3.jpg

one2-5.jpg

<center>

Nice collection of Gold that you collected over the years John .Congrats !!!

I generally dig pennies even though the zinc ones may be trash. I know a lot of people don't bother, but 100 of them still make a dollar and they are the most commonly dropped coin with little or no effort put in trying to find them, so there's always plenty out there. I'll start looking a bit closer to determine if any I find are key examples. Also, I feel they are good practice to keep improving our pinpointing and recovery techniques.
HH
BB

WOW! I'm gonna go look at my coins. I have about $50 in various state quarters that I've thrown in plastic cups on my dresser. Probably another $50 in pennies that occupy cups or large coffee cans or are in my daughter's piggy bank. I'm gonna have a lot of work to do...

For dug pennies though-heck yeah, they have a monetary value and that makes them treasure..even if small! So far (I'm still a noob) I've found less than $10 in clad and pennies, but three of those pennies are wheats and I keep those because I like them. The rest are going in a jar and when it's full it'll be time to count it and see what my fun has netted me so far besides poison sumac and a slight tan. :detecting:

ill dig all pennies !!!! they spend too.....:thumbup::minelab::detecting: