Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VA Beach Ron, Craig PI how do you find gold with PI Pro?

georgetp

I went out yesterday and found one silver and another plat but no gold. Since November I have found 2 gold and around 5 silver but 7 and a half plat. With CZ20 I would, on average, have found 10 gold rings in that time from my area. What am I doing wrong? I know the gold is there. I have air tested gold rings and know what they should sound like but still no luck.

Craig, Casper, Ron and I will get some junky old gold rings and throw them out for you and we'll take the platinum off your hands. We'll trade ja ALL DAY LONG george!

Relax Brother, It's coming sooner or later. You are one hardworking Pirate and eventually you'll find some. Statistically you can't lose.
Try hunting some higher end beaches though, to increase your odds.

Cheers Mate,

BDA:cool:

If I was finding all that Platinum I wouldn't be worrying about gold!!!!! But then that's just me :) You have to go over gold to find it. Sounds like you just haven't gone over any. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

Hey Gulf Hunter, while I know it is irrational or crazy to prefer the glow of gold to Plat, I really would like to know how the PI reacts to gold. I obviously have figured out the PL. You may never detect Pl in your area. I never found any in San Diego but now I am in an area with mostly Japanese tourists. They wear very little jewelry but much of it is Pl. Ian finds quite a bit of it in Japan. You have a pi. How does gold sound? On my pi pro the PL is sharp, distinct and very small. How wide is the gold sound? I thought Au and Pl would sound the same but they must not. My pi does not like silver like my CZ20 does but I do find some. I know from past experience of last few years that I am going over the gold. If I can't figure out this machine I am going to have to hunt one week with CZ20 and the next with my Pi Pro.

I'm quite certain you have not gone over any gold, unless you are discriminating. Had you gone over it, you should have gotten a signal. You can not use any discrimination and hope to have much gold sensitivity. With the PI, if the gold is shallow, it about blows my headphones off, but many times, there will be just a light whisper or threshold break. If it is shallow the tone is strong and clean. Platinum should be at the same level or even deeper than gold, as it's specfic gravity is greater than gold. If you are finding platinum and you are not discriminating, then gold should be in your future. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Wadda the resta ya'll PI pirates thank?
[attachment 53364 emblem.JPG]
GH