Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i

Whites man

Hi everyone I'm new ,just before I smash my new v3i to pieces or put it in the tree shredder is there anybody out there with at least one descent program ?
The only criteria is as follows
1. Uk soils
2. Hi tones /hammered
3. Low tones /iron
4. Ratchet pin point
5. No f@@king stupid icons
6. A nice clear uncluttered screen

Regards
A broken man (Andy

I can't help you with the UK soils settings but

2: Set the tones in the hammered VDI range to the tones that you want.

3: Set the tones in the iron range to what ever tone you want..... I have mine set to all VDI accepted but no tone.

4; Turn Ratchet ON

5: Turn Icons OFF

6: Delete any of the information that you do not want to appear on the screen.

How to do all the adjustments are are right on the internal manual and hard copy owners manual. That is what is so nice about the V3i, everything is adjustable. If you don't want to take the time to learn how use your detector, you might be able to hire someone to do it for you but that would get expensive every time you wanted to change something. If you don't want to learn how to use your V3i then the XLT is a better detector for you. The V3i is the most advanced detector on the planet and it does take a commitment from the owner to learn how to use it to their best advantage.

Your list are all easy changes that can be made to any of the programs.

Whites man said:
Hi everyone I'm new ,just before I smash my new v3i to pieces or put it in the tree shredder is there anybody out there with at least one descent program ?
1. Uk soils
2. Hi tones /hammered
3. Low tones /iron
4. Ratchet pin point

Regards
A broken man (Andy
andy my mate has one ,,and has everything you would need to make it work,,he lives in wales,,will ask him to get in touch,,,,rgds ,,p.s. could swap you for a new tesoro vachereo,,,,it works everywhere,,,deep as it goes,,lol,,,:ukflag:

Before you do anything else read the manual.
Then choose the stock coin program, ground balance and just hunt.
Try to get 20+ hours before doing anything else.
It will come, just pay attention to the sounds and the screen.
Have fun the finds will come.

Since he is in the UK, the Coins program would not be a good choice, it is set up for US coins. Also the Coins program is in the Library on the V3i and needs to be moved to the programs menu, somewhat of a challenge for someone new to the V3i. A program like Hi Pro or Relic would be a much better starter program for a new user in the UK.

i agree with Larry i use HI PRO with two or three changes here in UK on farm land,just turn off icons.the secret is listen to what the v3i is telling you,i was like you at first till i got more used to it.:ukflag:

Hi Whites Man.....If you make contact with Whites UK (Inverness) & ask for the copies of the V3i programmes which have been designed for our UK soil. This should give you a good start with your V3i....

Hope this helps regards Napper

Whites man said:
1. Uk soils
2. Hi tones /hammered
3. Low tones /iron
4. Ratchet pin point

Regards
A broken man (Andy

UK soil, no clue, but it should just be a general issue after desired settings.

What's hammered mean?

Low tones iron? Aren't they set that way by default in factory?

Ratchet. This is also set by default in most factory cases too.

Icons? Why buy the high end machine and then call an option stupid. They are easy to eliminate though.

Uncluttered screen? Maybe a lower end detector was a better choice to begin with.

What is really the MAIN thing that bothers you? There has to be just one in reality. Most of these items here are easily resolved with a moderate level of reading the manual and Googling.

Just being totally objective. I had my wired-up tenure with my V3i myself, but I have to say...these things other than the UK soil were never hard to remedy by simply testing, reading, Googling and asking a question every so often, in due time. You can't attack the V3i at all of these angles like this and figure to accomplish understanding the thing. Jm2c. martin