Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Rechargable Battery Pack question?

mrm1955

Yesterday went to a park and turned on the V3i, battery showed around 10.2 volts.

This is the third time I used it.

I started swinging and in about 5 minutes the V3i started beeping an turned off.

I turned it back on and it died again right away.

I was worried and was thinking NO NO NO don't be broke.

THEN, I turned it on and looked at the battery at startup and it was 10.2 for a couple of seconds
and the started falling like a slot machine dial and fell to 7.35 and turned off.

I realized I had probably been using the V3i close to 8 hours total and the batteries needed charging.

Is this normal when the rechargable pack gets low?

For the voltage to just all of a sudden drop off to nothing like that?

From my experience rechargeables do that. Alkaline go down more steady. (And as long as you haven't changed the setting in batteries to Alkaline, you should be ok with monitoring them.)

When my rechargeables went out the first time it did what you said yours did and I thought something might have been wrong too, as I only had 5 hours on them. But then I saw at home I had left TX Boost on! Won't do that again. :crylol:

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a clock and running time (for the current battery used) built in? Maybe that next "update".

Yes, this is normal. The Alkaline batteries will not last as long as a fully charged rechargable pack but the Alkaline batteries taper off more gradual compared to the rechargable that once it starts to lose power, it loses it quickly.

Tom Slick said:
Yes, this is normal. The Alkaline batteries will not last as long as a fully charged rechargable pack but the Alkaline batteries taper off more gradual compared to the rechargable that once it starts to lose power, it loses it quickly.

The alkaline pack will last longer, in my experience. Much longer then 8 hours. ROB