Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Circuit Board plug configuration/plug loose nut washer inside

NorCalJoe59

I have a V3i and the plug that the coil wire plugs into at the main box of the detector came loose and the screws nuts and washers were clanking around inside.
After the second one came loose then I noticed because you couldnt plug it in and that i figured was bad news. It also explains why my detector was acting funnyt he day I heard the clanking around inside. Being as smart as I am I figured when I took it apart that the plugs were a one way type meaning you could only plug it in "ONE WAY" well the fricken plug can flip 180 degrees and on top of that there are two sets of prongs to plug it into one has 14 prongs the other has 16. SO there is a number of combonations for me to screw it up royals since I was smart enough not to take a picture before I unplugged it to find the nuts.

I DID find one set stuck to the magnet of the speaker....IF YOU CAN SEND me a picture of the correct plug in that would be awesome.

IF YOU CANT I strongly recomend taking your V3i apart and examine the inside to CHECK to see if you have lost one side of the plug screws because you could FRY YOUR CIRCUIT pannel with a 2 cent nut and a one cent washer. There is a GROUND wire also on one side that will totally screw your day if that side comes unplugged. IF you have not checked both screws you should do so because there is NO locktite of any kind and I did put a small amount of fletching glue on so they will never come loose on their own again.

I have tried to reduce and upload a picture of the circuit board but am having issues as always.....

any help would be awesome.....again I strongly advise removing the top of your V3i and checking out the screws you may be able to see them looking on where the battery goes in but you cant check the tightness...:surprised:

Why don't you contact Whites service department for advice? Maybe they can give you the answer you need to do it yourself. Sure they may want you to send it in but I assume you are out of the warranty period. Their service is top notch.
HH