Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usmc: Re-Visit Plantation Farm Civil War Camp- The X-70 Finds Rare Plate

Reconmarine63

I revisited same site I hunt last weekend and also had two other hunters with me both used Whites MXT with new 12 inch Spider Coils. I using my X-70 with 10.5 DD in all metal mode. After 45 Min. I had very deep target in "all metal" and very soft 'High Tone" from my X-70 I called one guy over with MXT and he went over target and stated its deep " Iron" no Disc signal . I told I'm think it something deep since my X-70 is excellent at know deep iron. I took 3 inches off and X-70 read Big" 47" and locking. My friend recheck hole and stated it sound little bet but meter was no locking. I dun down over 12 inches up to my elbow and pulled this Very Rare 1830 pre. Civil War Milia Belt Plate. The my friends where shaking there heads why there Whites MXT did not hit deep big brass target , as my X-70, there both skilled hunters and know there machines. I firmly believe the Min lab V/Flex is the reason to hit on deep target and give stable Disc tone and repeatable I.D. reading that other or most other brands cant match. You Gotta Love The X-70!!!

That is a great find! I am curious what kind of soil is this out of? I am in central NC and wonder if the red clay would make a difference?

Either way you did fantastic, good hunting, Beale.

n/t

Curious as to what number locked on the TID? Also, wondering if you could read the TID now that it is out of the ground so we see if it varied. Thanks and again, nice plate!!! HH Randy

n/t

And that's the reason my DFX is gathering dust along with a new 12" coil. It just can't match the X-70 and now I wonder how many good targets I left in the ground. Congrats on that special piece of history, marine63. Ron

Since I got the X-Terra 70, my new DFX and all of the coils are sitting in the corner. It is nice to go to a place and not worry if you are missing stuff due to how to set the blasted thing up.

I don't have one either! And since I had ancestors serving both sides in the War, I ain't partial to which one you send me! :lol:
Just kidding ya! :poke:

You did good!!!! :clap:

HH Randy