Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using George's suggestion I bought a new GPS

Royal

a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx and it seems to be a great unit. I am setting in my basement on the puter. I have one window down here and I am now capturing six satilites!! Now that is incredible!! It only takes a few seconds to grab them too.

Wait to you get ourdoors with it. At times I have 12 birds on screen. The ones with the D after them will be the WASS ones adding even more accuracy. They are in the process now of putting up 4 new ones. If you get one with # 15 on it, its one of them.

It will also update itself with data while its on. If you click on the Find key, it will bring up the Geocaches stuff and waypoints click on that and it its pretty much all about Geocaching. Did you align the compass yet? It will run off the satilites but if your run that program and do the 2 turns it will be even better.

You may already be aware of this but if not, when you have the Geocaches loaded in it, click the Find key, then Geocache icon, click enter and choose a cache. click enter again, and it will show it with its data....then click Go to with enter key and you should get the
Speed you are moviing, The distance to the cache, estimated time to target or cache, and time to the next closet cache and compass heading. I use this more than the maps or page key, but hit the page key and see what you like. This screen up now will put me dead on a cache. It will beep you when within a hundred feet of it. You can change all of these settings so they will be more to your liking, it when you find it, click found, it will record it with and open treasure chest on the screen and then ask you if you want to go the the next closest one you have listed, if you say yes, it will take your there. Sometimes, you need to walk a few feet for it to stablize the compass and headings. ONce the satilites know you have moved your golden.... Even in densce tree cover with this unit, I have never lost a bird.

Keep me posted...

Geo-CT

for less than 40 bucks. My other GPS could only load about 4 counties. On this one I have loaded the entire state of Michigan on it and it is only 1% full. Seems like it was bigger than needed:shrug:

of that you would want to put on there. Pretty sure the guys are telling me they are putting say, the entire West cost topo, or East coast TOPO or Alaska and Hawwiiee. Pretty sure one guy was telling me he only had the 512 meg card and he had on the entire New England section in Topo..... Did it tell you the total file size for your state?

Geo

n/t

I have asked on a couple forums but no help yet

Go to the GSAK forum at http://gsak.net/ and ask if there is a different setting within the program in how it moves the waypoints over to Garmin. I know they support that program very well. I suggest it because I just did it again with mine with EasyGPS and again it put them in the Geocache listing perfect. Or give it a try and see if it does it....really simple to do via that one..... I just went all thru the manual in the CSX and it don't show any settings for that or at least I have not found any.

Geo

GCTT5E as they come off of Geocaching.com... I had a problem there once on my Legend 60 C in how I was pulling them off of the web site. I see your post in the cache forum and we are all on the same page. I wonder if you took out the card, and just brought it up with the base map and tried it how it would work, as I beleive it all goes to the internal memory Royal.... Worth a shot.....

Geo

C.E.R.T. bought four of em to use for search and rescue. Got all the topo's for Vermont loaded up and also use the radio linking system.

Dave

the wrong icon on the GPS and that did it.

that you look at a million times but the bell don't ring. You should have plenty of them to pick from now. Then click go to and your off and running. You will like the Geocaching part of it in how it works and feeds you a lot of info as you hunt the target. I don't have any high frequency hearing so I seldom hear the bell go off but those with me do. If I happend to have it close to my ears and no wind, I can hear it. I take it those caches will catch he!! tomorrow?

Geo

wimmins are no good at tech stuff because they just yell to their man to do it for them.

I found one today and then practiced on a couple of my own.