Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used M6 or Treasurer Pro?

Permit

OK i am new but ready to jump in the water so to speak. Most of my hunting will be done on sand beaches. I really like the Treasurer Pro but when i saw a used M6 for sale at a good price i wondered which would serve my needs best. I am 60, pretty good with technology, but have not found much info on the M6, and my knowledge base is not deep enough to compare its older technology to the newer of the Pro. Help is needed................

Tough. The M6 is tried, tested, and proved and you can lock the groundtrac. That having been said, the Treasure Pro has features similar to my MX5- which I really enjoy. Then you have the warranty thing which is nice to have. The 2 AA batteries is a nice feature. Follow your hunch.

Because of the adjustability I'd choose the treasure pro. I have an m6 and mx5 and enjoy the 5 more one reason because of that and I like the tones more. I'm sure you'll get more different opinions. But continue to research and good luck.

If weight is a problem go with the TP but the M6 is hard to beat for a stripped down MXT.

The M6 is a great beach detector. The treasure Pro more of a beginners unit.

No better single frequency detector for beaches than the M6.........brilliant on the wet sand.

And the coil option are much better for the M6!

Hard to go wrong with an M6. It's built like a tank and has the same "guts" as the MXT, one of the best detectors ever made. Not just stripped down, but has the same performance just a few less bells and whistles. Much like a VX3 vs. a V3i, the same detector internally, just a few of the extra features disabled. For the M6 vs the MXT this would be no relic or prospecting modes, but the coin and jewelry mode has the same 7 tones as the MXT Pro.

Plus all the other M6-positive comments already made!

I've never used a Treasure Pro, but it is a low-end model that can't really compete with the M6.

I've owned about 10 different machines in the last 15 years and I was sorry to let my M6 go, the M6 just feels like an old friend in your hands. I tried the treasure pro and it was a big let down vs previous detectors, (most were whites) can I be frank, I thought it was a piece of junk, wobbly shaft, cheaply made, not that deep, sorry just my 2 cents.

M6 is an mxt stuck in coin/jewelry mode. I've had one and know it's probably one of best White's has made

Yep without a doubt, I would go for the M6. Great machine, great coil selection.

Hardrock65 said:
I've owned about 10 different machines in the last 15 years and I was sorry to let my M6 go, the M6 just feels like an old friend in your hands. I tried the treasure pro and it was a big let down vs previous detectors, (most were whites) can I be frank, I thought it was a piece of junk, wobbly shaft, cheaply made, not that deep, sorry just my 2 cents.

Ya I kinda agree with you. The Treasure Pro/Master or what ever they call them, place 3 coins 3 inches apart from each other and sweep over them.....you get one tone. The machine I played with could not get an individual beep on each target, instead just gave one tone across all three. Between those 2 machines, the M6 is by far a better choice for so many reasons.

Friking m6 all the way!!!!!