Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used a set of Koss TD 80's and they work perfect.

woodchiphustler

Small plug, 90 degree bend, dual rotary volume controls, great sound for my hearing.

I bought a little to big adapter for my Deus and hoped to use my Killer bees. I tried it once and the volume was super low. Not sure if I could go into the menu and boost the volume? I figured it would be a plug in and go deal. Anybody else try an adapter and their regular phones?
Did you have any issues?

Don

Hi George many years ago here in Australia I had a Tesoro GoldenSabre and I had bought a set of Koss stereo phones to use with my stereo, I was so impressed with them I thought I would give them a go on my Detector, with regular use I realised that they would pickup sounds outside of my sweep and gave the clearest response that I had ever had, so much so that I informed the local manufacturer of detectors, "Minelab" of my findings with the result that they then adopted Koss as the phones they would supply with their machines and have done so ever since.I have just started to use them with my Deus and find nothing has changed they are still the best phones that I have.Try a set and see what I mean.

I use Koss Ur30 on my other detectors. Love them.

I was forced to use regular headphones when my new backphones were DOA after their first charge. I had a set of Fisher headphones that I really like with separate volume controls but they have a 1/4" plug. So off to Radio Shack I went. I bought an 1/8" right angle adapter (274-372) and a 1/8" plug to 1/4" jack adapter (274-366) which cost a little over $12 total.

The right angle adapter will not fit into the recessed jack of the remote control so two modifications must be made. First the black plastic must be cut back about 1/16" to make the diameter of the plug small enough to fit in the remote recess. Second, about 3/32" must be cut off to allow the plug to be pressed all the way in without hitting the body of the remote. This may sound complicated but it should only take about 10 minutes with a razor blade or utility knife. I had no problems with intermittent contact or plugs falling out of the jacks. However I did not mount the remote to the shaft, but instead carried it in a jacket breast pocket since I am a "tone-only" user. I had to turn down the volume to about 3/4 on the Fisher phones because it was too loud so the little remote had no problems driving these.

[attachment 249868 P1000691.JPG]

[attachment 249869 P1000692.JPG]

[attachment 249871 P1000693.JPG]

[attachment 249870 P1000694.JPG]

Very informative, thanks for taking the time to make the precise details and detailed pics.