Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: The First Gold Ring I Ever Found!! :detecting:

Cupajo

Back in the late sixties or maybe the early seventies my Dad, in his fifties at the time, bought a White

n/t

I found my first gold ring at the high school, near the gym. At that time, I was using a Garrett's ADS Groundhog metal detector. I still have that ring, stored in a jar in the gun safe. Kelley (Texas) :)

are a few that stand out to me. I have very few left, sold a bunch to by machines and gave others away. Now SILVER :D I got silver:rofl: I have had two 11 ring dives but they were all silver. I think the most gold I have ever found in a day was 6, I am not sure as I never kept a record. They were always a thrill to find but after that they were just things in a box, rarely to be seen again.

It was always special though when I could return one to the owner

Thanks for your kind replies Friends!

The ring looked brand new when I found it, but it could have been in the sand for years.

There were very few hunters here in those days and of those even fewer that knew how to use their machines well.

Even today I witness wanta be hunters making "smiley faces" with their coils missing half or more of the treasure they pass over!

George, when I checked our beach yesterday there wasn't much activity to move the sand around.

I'll take a look again this AM.

Goin fer coffee now and with these clouds not likely to see the sun this AM,

CJ