Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Strong Wind, Rain, a Typical Nor-Easter!!:thumbdown:

Cupajo

No way to get out in that water!!

The waves were large and running high up on the beach.

Some of the water was flooding over onto a side street parallel to the beach!

When it had subsided a bit I took a stroll (it was 3PM by then) and picked up debris left from Old Ma Nature purging her system of these objects!

Mostly plastic bits and pieces with a few bottles and one piece of aluminum all crumpled up and about as big as a golf ball (I found one of those too).

A couple of tangles of fishing line (no hooks!) and most important of all, a small syringe complete with needle!!

I used my Leatherman to bend the needle in so no one can be hurt by it and tossed the pail full of debris into the trash barrel at the end of the access road.

I filled that barrel in two weeks last month!

Two of the plastic bottles I recovered were water bottles some one filled with sand and buried on the beach and the waves exposed them for me to find!

I can't understand what would cause some one to leave them there??!!

Weather prevented me from enjoying the sunrise this AM, but I had a nice view of a somewhat subdued sunset!!

It will be interesting what I find on the beach tomorrow AM!

Regards all,

CJ

limbs on the hemlocks and pine trees from all the weight of the wet snow and wind. Only had 7 inches of snow, but it was some heavy.
As the sun set it went over to rain for about 20 minutes so it just made it more slush. I plowed the driveway right away as it supposed to turn cold tomorrow and it will all freeze solid. This is when I miss the shoreline the most. A lot less snow down that way. Fact we were there in Waterford at the Olive Garden and no snow. That's my favorite kind...

Hard to say where all that stuff comes from. It can blow in from anywhere just about. Amazing how much sand can be moved in one storm.

Later Geo

If a person can take the time to hide stuff like this, they can take the time to dispose of it properly.

More times than I care to count, I have filled up a bag, while diving, full of these things and taken them to the can.

Calm seas

Micheal

By 9:30 AM the wind subsided a bit and I finished my days beach combing in relative comfort after the brutal west wind just before sun-rise at about 6:50 this AM!

The waves are still kicking up their heals.

I hauled away lots of the usual stuff and loads of aluminum cans and shards of cans!

I'm glad to get the metal away from where I'll be hunting later.

On the way out with the five gallon pail crammed full I found a clad quarter lying on top of the sand where the water had exposed it.

No hooks, no dangerous glass or metal and no syringes!!

Quality time with Old Ma Nature!!

Best to Ya Friends,

CJ

you will be able to post some pictures of the high waves and things that you find on that beach. It sounded cold to me, maybe one of those days to stay indoors. :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

For several days the temps never got out of the twenties with constant winds.

Today it was a balmy 40-50 degrees and rainy with winds from the south..

A few degrees colder and we would have been under at least a foot of snow.

This AM I filled another pail with fishing line and odds and ends of aluminum and glass plus several pieces of rope that washed ashore before the rain started.

I later missed beach-combing the low tide due to lots of rain, but since there seems to be no end to the stuff I clean up there every day I'm sure tomorrow will supply the usual load.

Three days ago after the last blow there was a lobster pot half buried in the sand above the high water line.

There is a lobster claw sticking up out of the sand in the trap and from the size I would expect it to be several pounds.

Staying indoors? If there is any way possible I'll be out there sometime tomorrow and maybe I can post a pic of the pot and buried lobster.?

I did post pics of some fair waves (for here) recently taken with the new camera.

Regards,

CJ

Are you talking about the pictures with the surfers on their surf boards? I saw those pictures. Kelley (Texas)

You're right Fred,

The pictures I was thinking of were taken with my wife's Olympus during the last storm with fair sized waves and wind blown spray!

There will surely be other storms to shoot!

Have a great day Friend,

CJ